• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Just logged in again after 4 years

Ole Juul

Veteran Member
Hello All. It seems like the VCF somehow got on the back burner for me. My apologies to old friends. :)

I still play with computers a lot. My main machine runs FreeBSD, and there's a couple of Lunux boxen for special purposes on my KVM. The fourth slot on there though is still a DOS box which is on 24/7. And in fact that also goes to another old manual KVM which gives access to another DOS box and dot matrix printer. The whole setup is more of an artistic statement than anything else.

That said, I've still got a basement full of old stuff. I really should sort it out. Particularly all the old parts which I'm hoping others will take an interest in so they can go to a good home one of these days before I pop my clogs.

Anyway, I'm back. And the VCF now occupies one the hundreds of tabs on my main browser so ..... I'll be around.

Thanks Rick. Nice to be back.
And Chuck, I'm looking forward to reading you here again.
Stone! I've still got some floppies left.

Perhaps hanging here again will inspire me to clean up some old stuff. In any case, I'll enjoy learning some more about whatever I missed back then, and add my 2¢ once in a while.

Welcome back!

What's difference between the Cardinal 2400MNP modem and the Cardinal 2450MNP modem?

Hi Ole, I've been meaning to get an email off to you (it was my turn).

I've been thinking about coming out your way to get some ice cream and let the kids run down main street. And to check out your collection again. Wonder if you have any more goodies I can put in the trunk LOL

The Coleco Adam and the Vectrex are still going strong, btw.

Hope you and your wife are doing good.

Wow. I must say all the welcomes here are heart warming. Thanks guys. :)

I have a few responses and will just put them all here in one post.

- Agent Orange: The difference between the Cardinal 2400MNP modem and the Cardinal 2450MNP modem is that the 2400MNP is external. My interest has always been in internal modems and I've only got a couple of external ones in my collection just because they're particularly famous. After I started this thread I noticed that tag line. I'd forgotten about it, but it's probably way too late to find anything like that anyway.

- lotonah: It does my heart good to hear that those items went to a good home. Come on over any time. Coffee is on (or anything you like). I'm sorry to say the Ice Cream Kiosk is no longer running because it just doesn't pay enough. However, that's not to say that we don't have plenty of ice cream in the house. Don't worry.

- Mike B: It's not unusual for me to mention your name and link to your site still. That network stack is indeed something special in this day and age. And my DOS box is on the net quite often with it.

- NeXT: Yeah, as I recall, you're not too far from me. I'm still in http://coalmont.net Take the other highway next time you're going to Van and drop in here.

- Caluser2000: You're too far away, but you'll be pleased to note that when my family was deciding where to emigrate from Denmark in 1957 New Zealand was the other choice. Nevertheless, do visit me if you're in a travelling mood, come to Canada, turn left, you can't miss it.

- Unknown_K: Funny you should mention finding it hard to "leave the hobby". I'm probably the only one to whom it never really occurred that vintage computers could be a hobby. I've just got a lot of shit and I like wallowing in it. :)

Thanks tezza, I'm looking forward to reading some of your excellent posts. :)

Druid6900, no ice flow here. However, I did leave the kettle on by mistake and melted a hole in the ceiling of my igloo.

Back