• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Just snatched a //c Plus!!

EddieDX4

Veteran Member
I can't believe it... I've been on the worst eBay streak, ever... Losing auctions up and down and missing out on some great BINs...

I was about ready to shutdown for the night and get some zzz's when I decided to do a quick generic search for 'vintage computer', sorted by newly listed...

And what's at the top of the list? Why, this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170544100401&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

For $65 BIN!

I did the fastest scan through possible to find the keywords "working, good physical condition", and, of course, good feedback percentage...and..BAM...went for it. I think the whole thing happened in less than 10 seconds.

I'm still dizzy... :wow:

Wanna buy an Apple IIc Monitor to go with it? I even have the original box (though it's full of other stuff, and huge - it would jack the shipping up :/).

Outstanding catch!!! I have a bunch in stock & don't even list them for anything less than $225 and the last few I sold were in the vicinity of $350-$400 (albeit they were in sterling condition). The one you landed looks to be in pretty darn good condition & I hope it works well for you.

Good things come to those who wait!

Wanna buy an Apple IIc Monitor to go with it? I even have the original box (though it's full of other stuff, and huge - it would jack the shipping up :/).

I have access to the color version... I've been setting the bed for a //c Plus for ages. I used to have the second version of the standard //c, upgraded, with an external 20mb HDD and a 3.5" floppy drive, when I was in middle school. Always wanted a plus.

Outstanding catch!!! I have a bunch in stock & don't even list them for anything less than $225 and the last few I sold were in the vicinity of $350-$400 (albeit they were in sterling condition). The one you landed looks to be in pretty darn good condition & I hope it works well for you.

Good things come to those who wait!

Thanks! I do, too... It's always a bit of a gamble when ordering things on a whim with short descriptions and bad pictures (looks like some of the yellowing is the white balance, judging by other objects in the scene). But, these machines fetch much more than $65 in working condition, on average. A recent BIN for one that was described equally went for $129, and I have seen auction-style ones can fetch in the $200 range.

Ugh, I hate you right now ;) Soooo jealous!

If it makes you feel better, I had a baaaaaad eBay week. This brought back hope. :-D

The one I'm talking about is color too, but whatever since ya don't need it anywho.

Yeah it's a nice find. :D

The one I'm talking about is color too, but whatever since ya don't need it anywho.

Yeah it's a nice find. :D

Hey!! No need to get emotional, man... :p I'm totally joking...! But, yea... I did assume it was the standard green screen version. Sorry! :-\

If you want to sell it let me know how much you're looking to get... And, if you'd consider taking a T6600C with screen issues as partial trade-in... ;) (or any parts you might need from it...I think it has a 16MB memory card in it, or something....the thing had 20 or 24MB total if I remember).

I wish I knew where my //c+ color display wandered off to. I know it's in my storage area SOMEWHERE... I have two //c mono displays, but only the one color display that matches the //c+.

If shipping wasn't hideously expensive cross-continent, I'd consider yours; as mine is physically damaged.

The //c Plus arrived today and, aside from being a little dirty (nothing Simple Green can't undo!), it is in amazing shape! Virtually no yellowing (the pics apparently had really bad white balance going on..), no scratches, no cracks. The machine works perfect.

Definitely among my top 5 best "eBay snatches"... :D

I'll take pictures once I clean it up.

Be sure to check under the keyboard. Wonderous things can be found there that most people don't even know to look for. If you find one with a Z80 on it let me know so I can be jealous too. 2 of the 3 pluses I've gotten my hands on have had memory expansion boards.

Back