• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

KA10 Serial No. 46 Video in operation in the 1980s

Folks,

My father was in LCG field service and one of his friends from field service posted this video today. Tim and I have seen this before, but you all will enjoy it !!!! Now you too can see a KA in action!

Lou
I am not sure I ever saw that. But it sure brings back memories of my days spent in the EE computer lab at Penn State with that machine. I always hoped someone would rescue it
but it was scrapped as far as I know. Too bad was an awesome machine.

Thanks Lou.

My notes on that system are:

Purchased in 1968/1969 time frame for use with EIA-680 Analog Computer for hybrid computation pair. The facility was the Hybrid Computation Lab which was part of the Electrical Engineering Department at the Penn State University Park campus. The system was located in the EE West building. The Hybrid Computer Lab was removed from the EE Department and became a College-wide facility named the Engineering Computer Lab which supported general computer operations in the College. At one time there was the DEC-10, DEC-2020, VAX 11/780, VAX 11/785, VAX 8550, Harris H800, and two IBM 4341 systems along with multiple VS3100 Workstations and assorted microVax systems. When the centralized computing facility was phased out (CEDCC formed) in the 1995/1996 timeframe the DEC-10 and all other systems were scraped.

My notes on that system are:

Purchased in 1968/1969 time frame for use with EIA-680 Analog Computer for hybrid computation pair. The facility was the Hybrid Computation Lab which was part of the Electrical Engineering Department at the Penn State University Park campus. The system was located in the EE West building. The Hybrid Computer Lab was removed from the EE Department and became a College-wide facility named the Engineering Computer Lab which supported general computer operations in the College. At one time there was the DEC-10, DEC-2020, VAX 11/780, VAX 11/785, VAX 8550, Harris H800, and two IBM 4341 systems along with multiple VS3100 Workstations and assorted microVax systems. When the centralized computing facility was phased out (CEDCC formed) in the 1995/1996 timeframe the DEC-10 and all other systems were scraped.

Never knew they had a 2020. I was sysop on the KA-10 and the Vax-11/780.

Back