• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Kaypro 16/2 8088 Luggable

kishy

Veteran Member
Hello again,

Normally I'll ship anything anywhere, but this item is a little tricky in that area due to weight and fragility...at the complete insistence of someone who wants it, I'll ship it, but I think the cost is going to be huge and there's a good chance it won't arrive in as good shape as it's in now. Item is located in Windsor, Ontario, Canada and at my asking price I'm willing to drive it to Chatham, Ontario or bring it across to Detroit.

It's a Kaypro 16/2. 8088, 512k RAM, dual 360k 5.25" floppy drives. Not HDD equipped. Successfully booted off a DOS 5 floppy I wrote in another machine (with a 1.2MB drive, no less). Unfortunately, in the last 2 years of storage, it developed an issue where the CRT will normally not power up. Leave the computer on for a half hour, a whine sound will happen, and then the CRT comes on. It's not consistent, could leave it on for 3 hours and get nothing one try, an hour later, turn it on and it works right off the bat. To me, a non-expert, this tells me the tube is fine but the power supply for the CRT is flaky. However, even when the CRT does not come on, the machine POSTs and displays video out on a TV.

Overall it's in good condition with minimal nicks. A couple screws are missing but nothing shifts or rattles. The keyboard cord is a newer replacement.

I am aiming for $70 Canadian before shipping.

Photo album available here.

This is still available. Ignore the price, if you would be interested in the computer, let me know and we'll come up with a solution. I really don't want to e-waste this and I also really don't have room for it.

Back