• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Kaypro Blank EPROM 2732 and 2716 wanted

Doug,

Hey hows it going? If your going to be reprogramming the Kaypro eprom I'd invest in a Ziff socket and replace the socket in your Kaypro board so you don't waste your other socket and tear up your board. alot simpler then trying to repair the board.

z8coder

Doug,

Hey hows it going? If your going to be reprogramming the Kaypro eprom I'd invest in a Ziff socket and replace the socket in your Kaypro board so you don't waste your other socket and tear up your board. alot simpler then trying to repair the board.

z8coder

Hi

Thanks for your good suggestion, but I am not reprogramming the Kaypro eprom. I am trying to use the blank eprom for troubleshooting purposes. Now I got some used eproms and an eraser. My question is how do I check for sure that the eprom is erased and blank?

dh

Hi! Use the "blank check" feature on your EPROM programmer. It should be all 1's.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Well if I'm not mistaken putting in and taking out the eprom to many times will destroy the socket in the board. I know i've done it many years ago. I've replaced many eproms in kaypros over the years and when I use them for testing purposes in the board I replace them with Ziff sockets. They cost more But if the board is old like ALL of the Kaypros are it sure saves on having to repair the board Traces. But then again thats just my opinion you can do as you like. I use the eprom and Ziff sockets in the same manner in the Kaypro's and with very good success.

z8coder

Back