• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Keyboard Foam pads....

marc.hull

Experienced Member
A while back there was a fellow selling replacement, foam keyboard pads for...well, old keyboards. I purchased some to refurb a Keyboard for a TI and now find myself needing another batch but the listing is no longer on the auction venue. If your the guy who saved my butt last time and you see this would you please chime or if you know whom this is could you give me a push in the right direction.

Thank you,

Marc.

The guy you are looking for is Lorne.

He MAY still have some sets left and they may even be listed on the VCF auction site.

However, if you value your life, don't ask him to make new ones for you :)

There is a guy on ebay selling the pads to refurb the SOL keyboard. Not cheap, ~ $70, but making them is time consuming. He did tell me that these would not fit the tandy keyboards that use 7/16" diameter foam buttons, but never sis say what size they were.

Kipp

I've had them for sale from time to time but I've been "out of stock" for a while. When I have them for sale the go up on The Marketplace and usually sell pretty fast...

I sold some to someone here last year I pulled from from an old Compaq II keyboard. I have about 20 left. How many you need?

Thanks but I'd need enough to do the entire keyboard. Don't have it in from of me but I imagine 101-102.

I've had them for sale from time to time but I've been "out of stock" for a while. When I have them for sale the go up on The Marketplace and usually sell pretty fast...

OK thanks. I'll keep my eye open. Would you mind tossing me a heads up when you "Pirate" some more ;-).....

Is there a list of keyboards that utilize those? May be of interest on the wiki if someone has the knowledge already. I personally haven't repaired any that use them although I probably have some needing repair and just don't realize it.

I know the Compaq portable, The Portable II and some DTC keyboards use them. Best thing is to try and find a whole junk pile of older ones with the AT style connector and tear em apart. I tore apart 3 just to get the ones I needed for my Compaq Portable.

Back