• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

KTM-2 SYM-1 values?

Pipp

I picked up the following and was trying to work a deal with a buddy to sell them to him but I do not know what they are worth. The SYM-1 I know its value but the KTM-2 and other stuff I havent really seen on EBay or Worthpoint. Any idea on what this stuff would be valued at ?

Vintage Synertek Micorcomputer motherboard SYM-1 1978

Vintage Synertek KTM-2 Microcomputer 1979

Sym Tape Cassette

Basic Enhancements (2) Cassettes

(2) unlabeled cassettes

Beta Computer Devices Board Model 6502 DM

Synertek Technical Notes Manual

Synertek Hardware Manual

Synertek RAE-1 Reference Manual

Synertek Basic Reference Manual

Synertek Programming Manual

Synertek SYM-1 Reference Manual

(2) Binders full of Notes and guides for programming including:

Brown's Basic enhancements for Sym-1/BAS-1 (Ultra renumber Super Terminal Control Patch Save/Load Extensions), SYM-1 Monitor Theory of Operations Manual, Synertek KTM-2 & KTM-2/80 Reference Manual, SYM-PHYSICS (The SYM-1 User's group Newsletter) Introductory Issue up until Winter 1981 Issue, 1980 Synertek Systems Product GuideSYM8.jpgKTM2.jpgSYM1.jpgSYm2.jpgSYM3.jpg

The SYM-1 is worth $100-200, the keyboard add-on is rare, could be worth as much. I could see this entire lot selling on Ebay for $400, but wholesale it's $199-250.

Sweet. I have like 18 of these SYM-1 from a different Estate sale still. I sold a couple but couldnt ever figure out how to test them to get the full price I see on Ebay. I kept search for the KTM-2 but havent seen them on EBay or Worthpoint .

oh man. I bought a power source and a friend from this website gave me step by step directions to test my SYM-1 (thanks Mike again) . I am apparently a complete idiot at this . The notes on most of this are from a Larry Shaw? I googled him and he has provided alot of pictures and such to vintage computer websites, it might be a different Larry Shaw . I emailed the exploratorium in SF to get confirmation and the sent it over to him. They said he will get back to me.

My main issue is I have a bunch of these SYM-1s I have been selling them at around 300. This KTM-2 I havent seen really ever. I know I can sell paper work because I can get 29.99 for each manual. I have this new lot that is a SYM with way more chips and a KTM and all this paper work. The guy who wants to buy this I met on this board. I told him id post it here and ask for values. I get a value of what ive been selling JUST the SYM-1 for. I havent really ever seen a KTM-2 for sale so I dont know what to sell it for.
I cant sell it for the 400 because I can get close to that for just a SYM. So how do I give him a fair value when the evals are so unrealistic to what ive been getting for less rare things?

do you have a volt meter? If your lines are crossed you'll fry a CAP. These systems are not plug and play, you have to have some idea about what the owner was trying to do with his if you can read his notes. Have you read the manual, etc.? It takes time but you can work through one piece at a time starting with the basic board. Forget all of the other stuff. I have a few pics on my web site, although I have the earlier model when it was called VIM-1. They're the same thing though.
http://vintagecomputer.net/synertek/VIM-1/
bd

lol

lol

[

lol... pip I just joined this website, I sold you all this stuf on ebay haha

QUOTE=Pipp;237977]I picked up the following and was trying to work a deal with a buddy to sell them to him but I do not know what they are worth. The SYM-1 I know its value but the KTM-2 and other stuff I havent really seen on EBay or Worthpoint. Any idea on what this stuff would be valued at ?

Vintage Synertek Micorcomputer motherboard SYM-1 1978

Vintage Synertek KTM-2 Microcomputer 1979

Sym Tape Cassette

Basic Enhancements (2) Cassettes

(2) unlabeled cassettes

Beta Computer Devices Board Model 6502 DM

Synertek Technical Notes Manual

Synertek Hardware Manual

Synertek RAE-1 Reference Manual

Synertek Basic Reference Manual

Synertek Programming Manual

Synertek SYM-1 Reference Manual

(2) Binders full of Notes and guides for programming including:

Brown's Basic enhancements for Sym-1/BAS-1 (Ultra renumber Super Terminal Control Patch Save/Load Extensions), SYM-1 Monitor Theory of Operations Manual, Synertek KTM-2 & KTM-2/80 Reference Manual, SYM-PHYSICS (The SYM-1 User's group Newsletter) Introductory Issue up until Winter 1981 Issue, 1980 Synertek Systems Product GuideView attachment 9958View attachment 9959View attachment 9960View attachment 9961View attachment 9962[/QUOTE]

Back