• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

LARGEST COLLECTION IN THE WORLD (?) FOR SALE

ChaosDM

Hi there,

I am selling my complete collection of computers (over 570 different ones).
If you are interested in some computer(s) from my collection, just mail me at info AT fki DOT be (replace AT by @ and DOT by .) and I'll add you to the list of possible buyers. I will then mail you back explaining how I intend to sell the computers.
As you can see from my 100% positive feedback on Ebay (member ChaosDM) this is not a scam, but a serious sale. I don't
want to go through Ebay directly, because listing 570 different items separately would take AGES!
Anyway...the list of the collection can be seen here :
http://users.pandora.be/F-242/Computers.htm

There are a LOT of very and ULTRA rare items in there

For example :

A GOLDEN C64 WITH COMMEMORATIVE PLAQUE!
A LOT OF ARABIC MSx's
A LOT OF RUSSIAN COMPUTERS
ETC...

Cheers,
Dimitri Kokken
Belgium

A very impressive collection to be sure!

The largest in the world? Not by a long shot. . . but still very nice!

Best of luck with your sale. There's a lot of very nice stuff in there.

Erik

It seems a wise choice to locate interested parties, what they are looking for and split up into sellable chunks. Perhaps you've followed that other thread about selling a huge collection in one lot, which might be a infinite process if your total expectation doesn't meet the buyers. Good luck.

It may not be "the largest collecin in the world" but it is probably "the largest collection in the world FOR SALE", at least at this time...

sqrfolkdnc said:
It may not be "the largest collecin in the world" but it is probably "the largest collection in the world FOR SALE", at least at this time...

The Freeman collection is larger and is currently on eBay. . . ;)

Erik

Dunno. After excluding the most rare systems that were parted with, the Freeman collection as recently listed on eBay is said to contain 441 computers, of which some are variations of eachother. Add to that the video games and calculators.

Dimitri (ChaosDM) wrote that he has 570 different computers for sale. If his collection includes video games, calculators and other associated items, maybe the Freeman one was larger alltogether.

at info AT fki DOT be (replace AT by @ and DOT by .) and I'll add you

Why did you write it like this QUESTIONMARK This is a very strange COMMA and confusing way to write indeed EXPLANATION POINT.

note: replace QUESTIONMARK with ? and COMMA with , and EXPLANATION POINT with !

Computer Collector said:
at info AT fki DOT be (replace AT by @ and DOT by .) and I'll add you

Why did you write it like this QUESTIONMARK This is a very strange COMMA and confusing way to write indeed EXPLANATION POINT.

note: replace QUESTIONMARK with ? and COMMA with , and EXPLANATION POINT with !

Common knowledge i thought :roll:
You need to read this:http://www.cdt.org/speech/spam/030319spamreport.shtml

@ Computer Collector : because I HATE SPAM :)

About it being the largest collection in the world (and I put a ? after that) it should have said : largest HOME COMPUTER collection in the world...but then you're gonna ask me to define a "home computer"...well, no real definition for that, but IMSAI's and stuff like that don't belong there FOR ME...as I was born in '68 my collection contains comps I can relate to (end of the 70's and the 80's and to a lesser extent beginning of the 90's)
I also have NO consoles or handhelds or whatever...only home computers.
Also, try to remember I have to attract the attention to get as many interested persons as possible...rule nr. 1 of the "good salesmans book" : exagerating is not a crime :D

Right now over 100 people have replied (in 48h) so I guess I'm doing ok.

Dimitri

ChaosDM said:
About it being the largest collection in the world (and I put a ? after that) it should have said : largest HOME COMPUTER collection in the world.

I know of at least two collections larger, regardless of how you define "home computer." That said, it's still a VERY impressive collection.

ChaosDM said:
Right now over 100 people have replied (in 48h) so I guess I'm doing ok.

Yep, I'm sure you will do quite well. I'm sorry to see you're dispersing your stuff, but I'm glad you're looking for nice new homes for everything!

Best of luck!

E

Personally, I find the line between a computer and a video game more and more fuzzy for every year, both new systems and old ones. If you add a Basic cartridge to Odyssey (Philips G7000) or Atari 2600, or own a keyboard-less C64GS, which of those are computers and which are consoles?

So, you're not keeping anything?

My cell phone plays video games (or so I'm told, I'm lucky if I can figger out how to make it dial [exclamation point])...

When the Freeman collection first went up on eBay, it was over 800 machines (however they define it), but it has been pretty well gutted, and the price (refused) keeps going higher & higher.

--T

@carlsson : I'll keep a couple (which I have doubles from anyway) but no "rare" items, just computers I owned when I was a kid (Sinclair ZX80/81/Spectrum, Atari ST, Amiga and 2-3 more to show my kids when they're older :) )

Dimitri

That's nice, to keep something plus I suppose pictures to show that once you had a really big collection. I don't know your reason to sell it, but it'd be a bit odd if you went from almost 600 home computers to nothing, like you came to a turnpoint in life where you figured that computers are evil. :wink:

In the 80'ties, there were no cell phones as we know them today. Rather, it was the digital watches (LCD) which got packed with extra features: play tunes, chronometer, thermometer, calculator, unit conversion, translator, radio and I don't know what. Sometimes it'd be difficult to reach the mode where it showed current time, and in your right time zone too.

OK...the auction has started...someone (Philippe Dubois from MO5.com) made a special auction site for this sale!!!!
If you want to bid as well, you can do so by going to www.mo5.com/dimitrisales/ and registering yourself.
DO READ THE FAQ Version 0.3 that can be found here http://www.mo5.com/dimitrisales/FAQVer0.3.rtf

Already A LOT of people have been bidding, but the sale will last for quite a while, so you've got plenty of time to think it over.

Cheers,
Dimitri

WOW!!!! I just checked-out the webpage, and that is quite a collection. It's obviously taken a lot of time (and $$$) to amass it all. So how come you're selling? (You seem to have a great love for these old machines)...

--T

I made a FAQ (which can also be viewed on the site) and this is a copy/paste from it

Oh...many of you asked me why I am selling, well here are the main reasons :
* The passion I had collecting old home computers has kind of "faded away"...and when the passion's gone...
* I am now the proud father (since 15 months) of a daughter and our second will be here in a couple of weeks and almost all of my spare time is spent playing with her (them)...those with kids will understand what I mean.
* We (my wife and I) started building a house and that always costs a lot of money...so, if I can earn some extra with this sale that's nice, it's a bonus so to speak (sale or no sale, we have the funds to build the house, it's just nice to have "more than you need" for unforeseen circumstances, which occur quite often apparently when building)
* I also am the owner of an indoor go-kart centre and that also takes a lot of time...business is going very well, thus : more work (no, I'm not complaining). If you're a buyer and want to pick up the computers here in Brussels a free kart-ride is (of course) included :D :D :D

Well, I signed up for the list, and now I just checked my e-mail and found 78 messages clogging up my box. I should have known better than to sign up for this :roll:

Computer Collector said:
Well, I signed up for the list, and now I just checked my e-mail and found 78 messages clogging up my box. I should have known better than to sign up for this :roll:

Yep, it's annoying. :evil:
It seems that some people are using the list for chatting or other non-info.
How dumb can you get?

Back