• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Laversab Industrial Computer Power Connector

bolex

Experienced Member
I picked up this Laversab 2522 industrial computer the other day. It needs a power cord and I'm really unfamiliar with the connections. These seem to be common in the airline industry. Anyone know where I might find this power connector so I can make a power cable?

DSC00358_SM.JPG

2522.JPG

Attachments

• 2522.pdf
    157.1 KB · Views: 8
Looks like a plug used for microphones. I'm quite sure I'm wrong but you never know.

I think you're thinking about XLR connectors. This ain't one of them.

The connector appears to be on of the aerospace MS24264 connectors. Not cheap, but still available.

Last edited:
If it's a Mil connector, it should have a part number on the flange or the barrel.

Tom
Yep it's a Milspec, made generally by Cannon or Bendix (some by Amphenol) for military and aviation use mostly. As mentioned a more commonplace connector might be a better option but it has to meet your voltage and current requirements.

While not a flange type mount this might be a good choice for replacement https://www.ebay.com/itm/253912134337
This is a 3 pin flange mount with plug that might also work https://www.ebay.com/itm/122257901747 and its IP67 which I think is dust and moisture resistance

Last edited:
This is a 3 pin flange mount with plug that might also work https://www.ebay.com/itm/122257901747 and its IP67 which I think is dust and moisture resistance
This 3 pin flange mount is actually the same one that I ordered as a replacement, but I ordered it from Amazon. I'll share pictures when I have it all together. Thanks!

Looking at the picture of the connector, it clearly isn't a Milspec connector. Mil connectors are made from metal. That connector has a mold line on the connector flange, indicating it is injection molded. The pins are also stamped, Mil pins are machined. It's probably an industrial spec connector that is sealed. Possibly an Amp (TE) CPC series connector.

Mil spec connectors can be plastic in situations you dont want the ground to touch. Not uncommon. Def is weatherproof, due to the silicon gasket, so that rules out XLR. You are right and most likely CPC.

11 Years in the Marine Corps working on Air Traffic Control Radar and 20+ working for various Military equipment manufacturers , I haven't seen a plastic Milspec connector. I'd be curious to see what they are used on.

From what I understand they are used for boats as well as harsh enviroments that cause the metal to rust easily, or enviroments that have excessive vibration.

From what I understand they are used for boats as well as harsh enviroments that cause the metal to rust easily, or enviroments that have excessive vibration.
There are rubber seals on all the connectors and panels of the computer. This makes sense as to keep it waterproof since the specs claim the computer can be "hosed down". I don't think I'm going to ever try that. :)

I received the replacement connector in the mail today, but I won't be able to get to it until this weekend. I'll post pics once I have it apart.

Wow now thats cool... fact you can hose it down. If only toughbooks were that resilient. Would love a portable machine , even if a briefcase pc, that was all weather and didnt overheat when its over 100F outside or flake out at-10F.

Back