• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Legacy computer parts hoarders.....

Love to take ya up, D, but...wouldn't ya rather I just sent ya all my stuff? Shouldn't take much more than a pallet or so...and freight rates are cheap...

--T

T, as much as I would love your collection, and, although freight might be cheap (relatively speaking), I'm sure the customs charges wouldn't be. I doubt they would just slip through customs unhindered.

Since I don't deal a lot in Vintage stuff any more, and I don't have a collection, per se, they should go to someone that is going to have the time to give them they care they need.

I sure appreciate the offer though.

Just an update;

IBMMuseum's L.C.P. - SWUS site is up, tested, running and ready for him to populate with inventory

Lutiana's L.C.P. - CAUS site should be up, tested, running and ready to populate by this weekend and

VintageComputerMan's L.C.P. - NWUS site will be up, tested, running and ready to populate a few days after he gets his USPS account transfered to the production server.

I certainly hope people from VCF will check these sites (as well as mine) when they are looking for quality, well-tested items from the Legacy era.

Congratulations and much success to all of them.

Well, Lutiana's website, http://legacycomputersnparts-caus.com/catalog , is up and operational and I'm sure he'll let us know when he gets some inventory up on it.

We hope to have VintageComputerMan's N.E. U.S. website ready to roll out in about a week or so and, perhaps, a few more interested parties signing up.

Maybe these guys are the only ones that see the same potential in the concept as I did over 5 years ago when I first started. I had to do it from scratch, but, they have the advantage of being under a name that enjoys a good reputation with tried and true software and effective marketting which should help them succeed much faster than I did.

Just a quick note to any potential franchisees, that, a week today (Mar 20/12), franchises will stop being offered exclusively on VCF and the cost of one will be increasing.

I wanted to give people here the first opportunity to pick their region and get in on the ground floor, but that's coming to an end as I'm not going to wait on this project while people think about it.

There are 3 more regions, 41 continental states and all the Canadian provinces still available, and, if no one here wants them, then I'll shop them around elsewhere.

The potential profit is very good with people GIVING this era's stuff away and, even if you had to pay 10 or 15 dollars a computer, there is, potentially, about $200 or more in parts in the recyclable case.

You have a week to let me know.

Thanks

Well, this Legacy Computers and Parts Group thing is working out well already with The NM and CA branches hardly even up.

IBMMuseum got contacted by a medical company in RI about a number of early P4 systems this morning. Since he hasn't had a chance to accumulate a great deal of larger inventory items yet, he passed the contact info on to me.

I contacted the company and was discussing their needs this afternoon and I'll be working up a per system price for them this week. Except for the requirement for new cases, I have everything else they need on-hand to test while waiting for the cases, then assembly and shipping.

I make the sale, The Group looks good by referring the customer to the branch that has what they need (instead of them going off to some other supplier) and IBMMuseum gets a commission for talking to the customer and sending the contact info to me.

Everybody wins.

Well, this Legacy Computers and Parts Group thing is working out well already with The NM and CA branches hardly even up.

IBMMuseum got contacted by a medical company in RI about a number of early P4 systems this morning. Since he hasn't had a chance to accumulate a great deal of larger inventory items yet, he passed the contact info on to me.

I contacted the company and was discussing their needs this afternoon and I'll be working up a per system price for them this week. Except for the requirement for new cases, I have everything else they need on-hand to test while waiting for the cases, then assembly and shipping.

I make the sale, The Group looks good by referring the customer to the branch that has what they need (instead of them going off to some other supplier) and IBMMuseum gets a commission for talking to the customer and sending the contact info to me.

Everybody wins.

Happy to help out. Getting the customer what they need is what it is all about. On my own it would have been much harder to react, so it is great being part of a group with fantastic coverage.

Happy to help out. Getting the customer what they need is what it is all about. On my own it would have been much harder to react, so it is great being part of a group with fantastic coverage.

You're absolutely right, IBM.

That's the whole idea behind this. What I don't have, another branch might have and that's why I'm not forcing any of the franchisees into any kind of standardized inventory model.

Contrary to most franchises, where everything down to the smallest detail is exactly the same, it's our differences that will make this work well. The more differences, the more total inventory items there are to choose from and the more The Group, as a whole, will benefit.

With the space we are selling into, reliability and knowledge trump price every time.

Back