• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Libretto 110ct Dock Color Problem

Raven

Veteran Member
I recently got a 100ct and 110ct (the 100ct wasn't even verified to work, has some screen damage to the far left but works fine cept CMOS batt! xD).

I also bought a brand-new-in-box dock, and 110ct came with a port replicator too.

Anyway, to the point. >.> When I use the dock with my 110ct, the colors work at 16 colors (I believe, can't confirm, but the folder icons are grey, so it's not 256.. :p) while still saying 24-bit in the properties. Upon running CCleaner (2.36.1233, last version for 98SE if anyone needs to know), the logo and such all appear normal, so they seem to be 24-bit (or at least 16-bit). That means it's just explorer, AFAIK.. Any clue why this is happening? It makes me end up undocking it for use when I don't need the USB port (unfortunately available only on the dock, but I'm gonna find a USB2 PCMCIA card soonish to remedy that and get USB2 rather than 1.0 which is SOOOOO slow.. lol). I'd rather have the freedom to use it on or off of the dock..

This is such a baffling problem to me, so I thought I'd consult the hive mind. :p

Thanks.

This is one of the weirdest problems I've heard; my best guess is that the dock is using some sort of memory area that the computer is relocating away from the display..? I hope you get the pcmcia card; I did a test once, transferred a CD image over both 1.x and 2.x, 2.x was indeed much faster. The 1.x took over an hour, the 2.x was just a few minutes.

Back