• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

LK07 (VT100, etc.) keyboard oddity.

Teletech

Experienced Member
So, I have many of the LK07s we all know and hate/love.
IMG_20220831_211624.jpg
but in sorting and trying to make complete keyboards from damaged ones (keyboard bingo), I happened across this specimen with different plunger/contact assemblies.
IMG_20220831_202727.jpg
Does anybody know if these were really late units, or what the deal is here? They would have had to come up with all-new keymolds to make the change, so it wasn't trivial!
Of course, if anyone has spare parts so I can complete this one, I'd be happy to hear of it.

Are you sure that second one isn't a CIT-101 terminal keyboard? (VT100 clone)

They used Alps SKCC switches instead of the VT100 Hi-Tek ones.

Are you sure that second one isn't a CIT-101 terminal keyboard? (VT100 clone)

They used Alps SKCC switches instead of the VT100 Hi-Tek ones.
That seems as likely as anything, I hadn't heard of the CIT. I guess the next step is to open the housing and look at the PCB and see who it claims. Thanks for the hint.

Teletech, slightly off topic but...in your second photo the keyboard is sitting on top of either a BA11-VA or a TU58 drive (possibly something else!) I have a BA11-VA based 11/02 running RT-11, I'd be interested to know what you are doing with yours, perhaps in a new thread. Thanks.

Teletech, slightly off topic but...in your second photo the keyboard is sitting on top of either a BA11-VA or a TU58 drive (possibly something else!) I have a BA11-VA based 11/02 running RT-11, I'd be interested to know what you are doing with yours, perhaps in a new thread. Thanks.
Something else is the correct answer. That's a KBD01 maintenance module. Which is a BA11-VA but with a keyswitch in front and special backplane and a weird little 8085 computer to act as a dial-in service console (face-hugger) so dec could twiddle your system from afar. I still have the guts, but before I got a "real" BA11-VA, I was using it to do exactly the thing you are doing with yours. I'm planning to sell the KBD01, along with the 4X2 QBUS rack now that I have the other one. I might package it along with a TU58 for fun, though using one of Bob's TU58 emulators in the cabinet would be the thing to do considering how the tape situation is heading. It might be fun to do a one-and-one, but now we are getting to the point where a new thread would be appropriate. Tiny-11s unite!, or TU58 solutions, or whatever.

Back