• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for a BigBoard I or II

P9P2P8

Hello all..

This is my first post at this forum...:)... I'm a person from the Netherlands and always busy with Vintage computers. Most of these computers are based on 65(C)02. I created many projects from Elektuur / Elektor (Dutch magazine). Recently I finished the XY plotter from 1985. Really fun. But now it is time to build / repair an other cpu based computer.

As a child I was always interested in the BigBoard II from Ferguson . But these boards are very hard too find. There is one board at Ebay but the price is not that low...:-((... and no idea about the status of the board and IC's. But I also read something about a clone of the BigBoard. Is that true ? and are these PCB's available somewhere ?

Many thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to hear any reaction..

Maybe you can find a Xerox 820 for cheaper? It uses a variant of a BigBoard.

Hmmm I have seen that somewhere..I have to compare the schematics between the Xerox 820 and the bigboard...

Is the Xerox 820-I comparable with BigBoard I and Xerox 820-II comparable with BigBoard II ?

I'm not sure, I only used one briefly for about 10 minutes when it was dropped off for a demo at the chemistry lab I worked at in college. There might be some schematics you can examine at http://dunfield.classiccmp.org/miscpm/index.htm and you may want to look for an 820-II as that has the 4 MHz clock rate.

Back