• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for a DTC-3150AS BIOS image

pille

Hello guys!

I am looking for a bios image for a DTC-3150AS scsi card. Unfortunately the card was laying around for too long and the ROM got crippled. Does anyone have a bios image?

Thanks in advance!

Marco

Thank you for looking into this. The problem is that the controller gets an unexpected software interrupt at a certain address when scanning for devices. I suspect the bios being damaged.

I don't think that's the case. Were the BIOS to be damaged, the checksum wouldn't verify when scanned by the PC BIOS and wouldn't be entered. The first thing that I'd do is check for I/O and IRQ conflicts.

I got the controller working. But only on the Peaktron board. The PC10-II still rejects the card. I will try again and report back. Just in case I ordered a XT-IDE board and an EPROM programmer.

hello
if any help some settings from the (DTC3x50) manual:

SW1(1-2) - interrupt "a"
SW1(3) - scsi parity switch
SW1(4-6) - scsi id

SW2(1-4) - interrupt "b"
SW2(5-6) - memory adress
SW2(7) - dual speed support
SW2(8) - polarity switch
SW2(9) - floppy enable
SW2(10) - factory set (always open)

W1 floppy adress
1-2 primary (3f2h-3f7h)
2-3 secondary (372h-377h)

w2 , factory set (allways jumper installed)
/cimonvg

So I decided to use the 3150 on the Peaktron board and the IDE-8 in the PC10. Now I have a confusing problem. As soon as I add a second device to the bus or only a hard drive, I cannot boot from floppy. I used an FDC-344 and a Panatek Multi-I/O card.

We need a scorecard!

What device are you adding to what bus? (i.e. ISA bus; SCSI bus?) Please be a little more explicit--and which machine (Peaktron or PC10)?

I concentrate on the peaktron at the moment.

On the board are:

OAK 077 VGA Card
DTC-3150AS
FDC-344

Nothing else. Attached to the FDC-344 is one 5.25" 360k floppy drive. On the DTC-3150AS is one HDD. The bus is terminated.

Just to give a small update. It seems that the board does not allow booting from SCSI. Neither in normal or turbo mode. Maybe a newer BIOS might help. IRQ 6 is not used.

Back