• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for an IBM EduQuest System.

I appreciate very much the upload, thanks! I've grabbed them if you want to take the files down.

I look forward to reimaging the system from scratch using these :)

I assume you're getting the same error as this one and the computer makes an "unhappy" beep after the POST? Simple solution is to leave the ethernet cable unplugged until after it passes the POST.

Found that out after some trial and error :) What an odd message! You'd think it would complain if a cable was not​ plugged in.

I appreciate very much the upload, thanks! I've grabbed them if you want to take the files down.

I look forward to reimaging the system from scratch using these :)
I wish that I had the full "image" set with the actual DOS/Windows disks used. It's possible that just a bog-standard retail image was used. Also possible that the installs were custom to allow for easy configuration with networked systems at the schools.

Curious - are you taking photos and inventorying the innards of your Fifty-Five? I'm nearly positive that mine was a Forty-Five, and I'd be curious of the differences (I've yet to properly photograph and inventory my system either)

If it turns out that we have basically the same system (which is what I suspect, that the differences are processor speed and possibly stock memory configuration), then my hard drive APPEARS to be virtually untouched from initial installation. Just a base logon configuration for the School System that used it and a printer driver. I haven't imaged it yet, but it's on the to-do list.

IIRC you're right, the only differences that I've been able to find with some google research is that the Forty-Five used a 33MHz 486sx and the Fifty-Five used a 50MHz 486sx. (And yes, I found it odd that the real names for these are the "Forty-Five" and not the "45" but hey, it's printed right on the upper-left label :)

Mine was lucky enough to come with the sound hardware, so there is a card in one of the two "short slots" in back that has line in/out and a DB15 maked "MIDI" (but we both know it's really "JOYSTICK"), and a ribbon cable runs from it to a box in a front bay that has quarter-inch headphone jacks (two of them, presumably so two students could listen at the same time) and a volume control and a quarter-inch mic jack.

I wasn't planning on taking photos of the inside (I don't have an environment conducive for that) but I can certainly take a few of the outside for you later tonight.

Edit: Pictures of my eduquest:

03280001.JPG03280002.jpg03280003.jpg03280004.JPG

Last edited:
Back