• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for an S-100 chassis with backplane?

These machines are still available if anyone is looking for an S-100 chassis to start building their own.

Hi lynchaj,
I am looking for information on a Northstar HSIO 4 port serial board.
would like to have a copy of the manual, but switch and jumper settings would be fine too.
Thanks

Could you post some pictures of the Compupro and Homebrew chasses? Also, could you clarify the buyer making his own arrangements for shipping. Do we pay you for postage or do we actually make arrangements for UPS or FEDEX to come to your house to pick up the items?

Thanks.

By chance do you have any S100 backplanes as-is? I already got the chassis and possibly a power supply handy unless you have some sort of power supply that's a touch more elegant and smaller than two separate power supplies.

Could you post some pictures of the Compupro and Homebrew chasses? Also, could you clarify the buyer making his own arrangements for shipping. Do we pay you for postage or do we actually make arrangements for UPS or FEDEX to come to your house to pick up the items?

Thanks.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a couple of photos. Yes, you pay for postage or pick up in person (recommended). If you need to ship you can make arrangements with UPS or Fedex so I can do a local drop off of the item. They will handle the packing, shipping, insurance, etc to your personal specifications. This is by far the lowest risk approach to shipping.

I feel the need to jump in here before something valuable gets destroyed. The vintage iron that we all love is at the same time very heavy yet very fragile. You're going to have to spend some money to protect it while being shipped. At some point I would like to find the time to post pictures of what was a working H27 disk unit before being shipped via United Parcel Smashers.

Take my experience to heart. If the contents of the box are damaged, yet the box it was shipped in was not a total loss, UPS will deny any insurance claim saying the item was "improperly packed". You cannot stop any shipper from treating your fragile goods like the gorilla in the Samsonite luggage commercial. You can take steps to protect yourself from a financial loss.

1. Have the shipper pack the item. If they "improperly packed" it they're still liable and can't duck out of paying for your loss assuming you insure it.
2. Save the receipt showing they packed it.
3. Insure the package.

Then if/when your vintage iron shows up as landfill quality junk, you can at least recover from the financial loss.

Last edited:
I feel the need to jump in here before something valuable gets destroyed. The vintage iron that we all love is at the same time very heavy yet very fragile. You're going to have to spend some money to protect it while being shipped. At some point I would like to find the time to post pictures of what was a working H27 disk unit before being shipped via United Parcel Smashers.

Take my experience to heart. If the contents of the box are damaged, yet the box it was shipped in was not a total loss, UPS will deny any insurance claim saying the item was "improperly packed". You cannot stop any shipper from treating your fragile goods like the gorilla in the Samsonite luggage commercial. You can take steps to protect yourself from a financial loss.

1. Have the shipper pack the item. If they "improperly packed" it they're still liable and can't duck out of paying for your loss assuming you insure it.
2. Save the receipt showing they packed it.
3. Insure the package.

Then if/when your vintage iron shows up as landfill quality junk, you can at least recover from the financial loss.

Yeah. What he said. Personally experienced this many times over.

Back