• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for Apple II GS SCSI Adapter

irishmike

Experienced Member
Greetings All:

I am seeking an Apple II GS SCSI adapter with Manual and disk if possible. If you have one, I am willing to negotiate for it. Please PM me.

Also I am looking for some software titles for the GS... Specifically the ORCA languages and utilities. Again PM me if you can help.

Thanks,

Mike Needham

Mike, you REALLY want an Apple High-Speed SCSI adapter.

I had the regular one on my GS a few years back, and it rocked. I replaced the standard SCSI adapter with it, and it was world's apart from the standard.

unfortunately, as you have probably seen recently, the HS Scsi cards command a pretty penny on eBay! I sold mine like 3 years ago for $176!

Looks like they really haven't dropped too much, either!

Tony

I have the REV C SCSI card and it is good enough for a stock IIgs system. If you have a CPU upgrade then you probably want the HS SCSI card (both of which cost plenty of cash).

I thought I REALLY wanted a high-speed SCSI card, too. I finally got on a year ago for $100 or so, and it works fine. But I've given up on rotationally-based storage media since discovering the Compact Flash card. (CFFA: http://dreher.net/?s=projects/CFforAppleII&c=projects/CFforAppleII/main.php ) I suppose it's different if you have a LaserWriter or CD drive you want to hook the the GS. But hard drives for our ancient computers are a dead end in general, and old ones are getting deader and deader as time goes on. :)

Back