• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for DEC M7814 (DZ11) Maintenance prints MP00253 and/or boards

arsieving

I'm looking for the Maintenance prints (MP00253) for the DEC DZ11 20mA boards (M7814). I have the Technical Manual, but am looking for the prints with schematics.
Also would be interested in finding a source for two or more M7814 boards in working condition.

Thank you,
Alan

Sorry I can't help with a DZ11 maintenance print set MP00253.

Your name seems familiar. Were you an engineer at Quickware Engineering & Design back in the day? There are probably a few members here that picked up a QED-993 board from eBay several years ago when someone was selling a few of them. Unfortunately I was never able to get 2.11BSD or RSTS/E 10.1 to run on my QED-993. Something about them must not be compatible enough with a real DEC PCP-11 CPU.

Your name seems familiar. Were you an engineer at Quickware Engineering & Design back in the day? There are probably a few members here that picked up a QED-993 board from eBay several years ago when someone was selling a few of them. Unfortunately I was never able to get 2.11BSD or RSTS/E 10.1 to run on my QED-993. Something about them must not be compatible enough with a real DEC PCP-11 CPU.
The Quickware stuff is neat... I got a QED-95 boardset in one of my 11/44's.

I'm looking for the Maintenance prints (MP00253) for the DEC DZ11 20mA boards (M7814). I have the Technical Manual, but am looking for the prints with schematics.
Also would be interested in finding a source for two or more M7814 boards in working condition.

Thank you,
Alan
I have two of these boards, not sure if I want to get rid if either of them yet though... I can take some high-res scans / photos if that will help in any way (if you're troubleshooting an existing board)?

1679527448350.png 1679527460222.png

-Chris

Last edited:

Yep, we made the QED-993 among others. Our primary customer for the QED-993 ran RSX and did not need Floating point, so as a result, that model typically didn't have floating point, even though it mostly emulated the J-11 processor. The details of the RSTS processor identification routine have faded from memory, but I presume that the lack of floating point makes it confused. We had a small batch of floating point add-on boards for the 993, but they were fiddly.
I'm sorry I'm not able to help.

I have both boards and printset. I can try to scan the printset. Where are you located? I am in Sweden so shipping can be a showstopper.

http://forum.datormuseum.se/item/0AC85515-76C8-492F-BCF2-9A9AA9075953.html

http://forum.datormuseum.se/item/EEF16EF0-D9D0-42C6-ACD9-C0099D8E28CC.html

The hard part is to guarantee that they are working.
Hi Mattis-
I had stumbled on your DatorMuseum listing of the printset. I'm located near Boston, USA, so a scan of the printset would be preferable, if you could arrange it sometime.
I am trying to do a favor for an old customer, and they have about 6 M7814's that need to be debugged. I figure a printset is a reasonable step in that direction.
They are also looking to purchase some spares, but as you say, it's hard to know whether an old board is functional, or also falls into the needs-debugging pile.

you can email me at quickware dot com if you want to take this off-line.

Thanks-
Alan

The Quickware stuff is neat... I got a QED-95 boardset in one of my 11/44's.

I have two of these boards, not sure if I want to get rid if either of them yet though... I can take some high-res scans / photos if that will help in any way (if you're troubleshooting an existing board)?

View attachment 1254571 View attachment 1254572

-Chris
Hi Chris-
I'm glad the QED-95 works well in your 11/44. I invested a lot of sweat in that machine.
I have an old customer that I'm trying to help out. They have several M7814's that need to be debugged (that's why I was trying to locate the prints) and they are also looking to buy some spares.
Drop me an email if you'd like to chat further about selling off the M7814s to quickware dot com.
Best Regards-
Alan

Back