• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for Diamond Pak ISA multi I/O card manual

vwestlife

Veteran Member
It's a full-length 8-bit ISA board, circa 1987, that just says "Diamond-Pak Rev 2, Made in Taiwan" on it. It has MDA/Hercules graphics (and/or possibly CGA?), floppy drive controller, 1 parallel, 2 serial, clock/calendar, and possibly a game port. I can find lots of info on other Diamond / DFI I/O cards, but not this one. The only thing that comes up is a few eBay listings.

I tried it in my IBM 5150. The floppy drive controller and serial ports work, and the RTC should work once I find the right driver for it (oddly it uses a CR2325 battery instead of the standard CR2032), but the parallel port isn't detected and I get no video out of the monitor output.

diamond-pak.png

Apologies for necro-bumping, but thats the way it goes sometimes...

I have one of these cards and was looking for some info, but in the meantime i found the original software disk for it in case you need the utilities! It uses an MG-150 Hurcules graphics card. My card is branded as being sold by Jameco and having a part number JE1071. The only difference mine has it says 'Rev 4' and the previous owner loaded the additional serial port hardware (PIA and level converters which are empty sockets on your card). Quite an interesting card! Let me know if you still need the software disk.

Apologies for necro-bumping, but thats the way it goes sometimes...

I have one of these cards and was looking for some info, but in the meantime i found the original software disk for it in case you need the utilities! It uses an MG-150 Hurcules graphics card. My card is branded as being sold by Jameco and having a part number JE1071. The only difference mine has it says 'Rev 4' and the previous owner loaded the additional serial port hardware (PIA and level converters which are empty sockets on your card). Quite an interesting card! Let me know if you still need the software disk.
Hi. I am looking for the software for this card.
Can you share this software?

Hello. Welcome to these forums.

I am looking for the software for this card.
Can you share this software?
Obviously, there has been no response to your request so far. A photo that I see online of the 'Diamond-Pak Rev 2' reveals that the real-time clock (RTC) chip on it is an MM58167. That is a common model of RTC chip on cards for the IBM PC, IBM XT, and clones. What can differ from card to card is the base I/O address that the card uses for the chip. It is a good bet that one of the RTC drivers (that is, one designed for the MM58167, or UM82C8167) at [here] will work for the RTC on your card. I suggest that you try the {PC TIMER} ones first. Then perhaps, {David_M's clock reader}. If one works, let me know so that I can add the 'Diamond-Pak Rev 2' to the web page that I pointed you to.

1676842071992.png

I'm still looking for documentation on this card. All I can find are ads showing it for sale for $129 in 1987 and $99 in 1989. Adrian also found one in a turbo XT clone at 50 minutes into this video:

Took me far too long to do this, sorry - but here it is!
Sold as the Jameco JE1071

Attachments

• JE1071.zip
    32.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7510.JPG
    IMG_7510.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 2
Took me far too long to do this, sorry - but here it is!
Sold as the Jameco JE1071
Thanks.

I have added the software to the RTC software collection at [here]. There is now an entry for the Jameco JE1071, with the entry for Diamond Flower's DIAMOND-PAK referring to the JE1071.

Excellent.

Oh and here's some photos of the JE1071 card I just found (the card is now gone though) this was used in a BBS, and the previous owner added the additional serial UART chips etc.

Attachments

• IMG_5041.JPG
    IMG_5041.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5047.JPG
    IMG_5047.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
I contacted Jameco and they said they don't have any documentation for it left. An earlier attempt at contacting DFI yielded no response.

I found the info I needed to use it from other DFI manuals on minuszerodegrees.net, for the MG-150 videocard it uses, and other IO cards that are just integrated all into one here.

Hi, Someone knows how to set the dip-switches SW1 and SW2 of this card? To enable/disable, choose the IRQ and Addresses for each feature? Thank you for any help!

Back