• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for H7100 VAX-11/780 Power Supply Field Maintenance Print Set

vaxorcist

Experienced Member
I'm looking for the MP-00480 H7100 Field Maintenance Print Set for a restoration project of a VAX-11/785.
I know that some (but not all) details of the H7100 are covered in the MP-01020 and MP-01021 Print Sets for the VAX-11/750 Power Supply H7104 available at bitsavers.org.
Who can help?
Ulli

Last edited:
I've created a partial schematic for some of the components of the H7100 not covered in the VAX-11/750 print set.

H7100 Bias/Control Board
H7100 Front Panel

There's still quite a bit missing and they could be drawn better but it was enough to help me fix my H7100 power supplies. I also have a copy of EK-PS780-TD VAX-11/780 Power System Technical Description, which I can attempt to scan if it will be useful. It has a block diagram of the various components of the power supply and some paragraphs describing the purpose of each block.

Hi Matt,
the world is small ...
Thank you very much for the schematics!
It would be very nice if you could scan the EK-PS780-TD VAX-11/780 Power System Technical Description. I've got the one for the 11/750 PSUs and find it very informative.
What parts were faulty in your H7100s?
Which program did you use to draw the schematics? Maybe I can add a little more to your work.
Guess what's in the 11/785: A CI780!

Ulli

P.S.
I see you used "KiCad" from your schematics - I will try to install it on my Debian/Linux PC.
P.P.S.
KiCad is installed now - the version is a little older than yours, which hopefully doesn't matter.
Could you please provide the KiCad schematics files? Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm looking for the MP-00480 H7100 Field Maintenance Print Set for a restoration project of a VAX-11/785.
I know that some (but not all) details of the H7100 are covered in the MP-01020 and MP-01021 Print Sets for the VAX-11/750 Power Supply H7104 available at bitsavers.org.
Who can help?
Ulli

I found the MP-00480 printset in my boxes-o-crap, but my scanner is refusing to work (driver issues). I've got a new large format scanner on order, so I can probably get them scanned early Feb.

CW

I found the MP-00480 printset in my boxes-o-crap, but my scanner is refusing to work (driver issues). I've got a new large format scanner on order, so I can probably get them scanned early Feb.

CW

I've put up the scans on github for the time being, but it's not a long term solution. They will remain until Al (PM sent) collects them or passes.

There are two scans of the MP00480 (and MP00377) print sets, with names based on the latest date I found in the documents. Note, the front page wasn't changed when the innards are updated, so it's difficult to determine what the most recent copy is. I'm still pondering how to handle this moving forward.

You can clone the repository, or download the files individually. DEC document dumping grounds

CW

Back