• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for information on a Teletek FDC-1

Crawford

Experienced Member
Folks,

I'm looking for tech info on a S-100 all-in-one board, the Teletek FDC-1 board. This is a CPU, ROM, I/O and floppy controller all on a single board.

So, I bought this board at the Trenton PA Computer Festival, and didn't check it thoroughly before I plugged it in... Orangish smoke poured out of the board near one of the voltage regulators on startup. Apparently one of the VReg heatsinks was bent and grounded out against some of the nearby circuitry. Two tantalum caps and a to-92 cased component were toasted. (At least I had the sense to only have this board on the bus so nothing else was hurt).

I can't read any markings off the TO-92, it could be a transistor, or a small voltage regulator (there are both types elsewhere on the board.)

Anyone have one of these, that could help? Google didn't provide any useful info.
Schematics would be great, or if someone owns one of these just the markings on the components would help.

Thanks,
Crawford

Folks,

I went digging for other Teletek info, and I may have found what I need. Teletek had an FDC-II and a SBC-1, and they have what looks like similar circuitry. It looks like I blew a 78L12 regulator and the associated caps.

-Crawford

A few years ago, Erik (the VCF admin) had the manual for an FDC-1. You may want to see what became of it.

You may want to trace one leg of that TO-92 to see where it appears on the bus. A lot of these old boards required 3 supplies (+12, +5, -5) for their MOS chips. The FDC-1 would certainly be one of these.

Looking for information on a Teletek FDC-1

Chuck,

Yes, I did email Erik, but he was in a 'busy time'. As I'm sure we can all relate, having something and being able to locate it in a reasonable timeframe are two separate things!
:roll:
-C

Back