• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for Kaypro SWP Co-Power-88 Core Software

ECNeilson

Does anyone have a Kaypro version of the SWP Co-Power 88 utility software in ImageDisk or Teledisk format? I've acquired the DOS and CPM-86 Teledisk images from the Zorba z80 site and they should work, but I don't believe the Zorba PCDOS.COM and RAMDISK.COM files from the SWP utility disk are compatible with the Kaypro versions. I attempted to run the programs using 22Disk to extract the .com files, but the programs abort with "no 8088 detected" when run on my Kaypro 4-84. I have to think memory locations and such are different on the Zorba vs. the Kaypro.

Any help is appreciated.

I have IMD images labeled:

Kaypro 4+88 Master
Disk 1 of 2
MSDOS Version 2.11

...and:

Kaypro 4+88 Master
Disk 2 of 2
MSDOS Version 2.11

If you give me your email address, I'll send them to you.

Thanks Geneb. Those might be the right disks and I would not have found them otherwise. Mloewen also sent me some ImageDisks of co-power software so I'll try them all out this week.

Thanks to you both! The images Mike sent me and the images on retroarchive.org were the same and both worked with my co-power board. Here is the link to the retroarchive images in case anyone else needs this software. The two files to download are copwrcpm.td0 and copwrdos.td0.

Also good to know is that the SWP co-power board is compatible with a TurboROM install.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the great beyond, but I've got a 4+88 (with the full height drives) that came with MS DOS 1.25 disks. I was hoping to try 2.11, so created a disk from the copwrcpm.td0 image mentioned above. It only boots as far as the version string, then the drives stops and I never get to a prompt. Any ideas if my model is unable to run the later DOS or if there's another disk image out there to try?

Small update: my system wasn't able to boot the disk I created from copwrcpm.td0, but it could read it in drive B when booting another disk in A. I was able to get the ramdisk to initialize at address FE-FF successfully (the default did not work). I was not able to get it to boot msdos.com, I got the dreaded "no 8088 detected" error as above. If I boot msdos.com on the original Kaypro disk (version 1.25), it works fine so I am sure the CoPower board is working correctly. I assume it's an default address issue but the PDF manual from the later Zorba release doesn't mention any options as they'd already moved to PCDOS by then. Any ideas?

Back