• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New England Looking for mid to late 80's long neck knob replacement from commodore and OEM clone color monitors

Covers: Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine.

VERAULT

Veteran Member
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping
I am looking for one of these long neck knobs which were common on some commodore and OEM eqivalent monitors from the mid to late 80's. It is just over 6 cm long. If you have one or similar to sell please contact me.
index.php

index.php

If you dont mind brown, Zenith used a very similar knob on their 13" tvs from mid 70s to early 80s for the power/volume switch. 🤷

I have a similar issue with the knob on my Compaq Portable. Thinking of just using acetone to get it together, and using a spring clamp for a hose round the cracked area, and dremeling off what wont fit.

Couldn't you measure the dimensions and 3D-print a replacement?

Or make a silicone mode and reproduce it.. sure. If I owned a 3D printer and knew how to make 3D models or owned the right things to make a mold. I like most people dont.

Thanks Twolazy, I sent the seller a message asking him to measure the thicked part of the know because it is just a different shapre from the one I need. these dont come out the front but are avaialable underneath the frotnm bezel in a slight cutout so you only get access to a smal area of the knob to turn.

I'll check my box of old knobs tonight, but dont think I have one that long sadly. Used to repair old radios.

Could try the repair i'm going to do on the Compaq Portable brightness knob, which is using one of these to support the plastic... You will have to dremel the tabs off after epoxying on.

Just basic clamps meant for fuel/vacuum hoses.

Gotcha, thought the broken one is what was wrong. Hrm. I'll have to get to the other place and see what I have in my monitor parts pile.

Back