• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for OAK OTI 037C VGA card BIOS dump...

george

Experienced Member
Hello. Looking for 256K RAM version OAK Technologies OTI037C 8-bit PC/XT VGA card BIOS dump...Could be one 27256 or two 27128 EPROMs. Thanks...

Those are dumps from address space though, not EPROM dumps.

Thank you very much. The first dump is not working at all. With the remaining two the computer works but there is no VGA output...I forgot to mention that my VGA card has dual output, e.g. one VGA and one EGA/CGA connector...Also the PCB is with three oscillators...BIOS sticker says (C) 1988. Somebody burned the EPROM by rotating it into the socket by 180 degrees.

Thank you very much. The first dump is not working at all. With the remaining two the computer works but there is no VGA output...I forgot to mention that my VGA card has dual output, e.g. one VGA and one EGA/CGA connector...Also the PCB is with three oscillators...BIOS sticker says (C) 1988. Somebody burned the EPROM by rotating it into the socket by 180 degrees.

They all have these features iirc. Are you aware that these cards don't work on faster (fast 386 + 486) computers? A slower test PC is needed.

They all have these features iirc. Are you aware that these cards don't work on faster (fast 386 + 486) computers? A slower test PC is needed.
No, I was not aware. I am testing it on a Pentium 233 MHz machine...Is it a vga BIOS issue or an ISA bus timing?

I had an OTI037 based card that worked fine in a Pentium machine.

Back