• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for owners of a Kwarc / Quartz / Кварц - Soviet ZX Spectrum clone

ppieczul

Experienced Member
Looking for owners of a Kwarc / Quartz / Кварц - Soviet ZX Spectrum clone

The machine looks like that:
DSC_0037.jpeg

It has written: Кварц игровой компьютер (Quartz game computer)

I am looking for someone who has it and can send me EPROM content, which is broken on my machine.

Thanks
Pawel

That's right for all ROMs except one - D84 is a ROM used to generate video sync signal. It is swept 26 times per second and one of bits is sent directly to the SYNC output.
This ROM is broken - I can read slightly above 1K, rest if FF. It cause the video signal to flicker and generally go crazy.

Maybe you know of other machines that use the same mechanism for SYNC generation?

I talked on russian forum zx-pk.ru with an owner of not one, but two (!) specimens of said model. He said he will look into getting the dump you are looking for. He asked in return for photos of the board and production tag (on the back if any) from your unit, as his two units are different - one has ROMs on sockets, the other soldered. The forum here seem to downsize images in posts, maybe you could send your images in PM, or better yet post them somewhere (oldc..p.org :) ?) and post links here.

Excellent, thank you so much! I was in the process of registering to that forum but it is over email and takes some time.
I will do full documentation on oldcrap when the machine is running but I can send him photos earlier.
If it is possible can you please connect us directly? My email is contact at oldcrap dot org. I know this ROM is not the end of the fixing story.
Thanks again!

Thanks for pictures. I relayed your email to the guy, hopefully you will hear from him soon

Back