• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for someone to format virgin DEC RX50 floppies for a DECmate II

pbarton

I have ten virgin 5¼" floppies that need DEC's proprietary RX50 format before they will work in a DECmate II.
Unfortunately, the DECmate can't do this, but an IBM PC using the 22DISK program or a DEC Rainbow can.
Is there anybody in the UK that could do this for me? I'm looking to post the floppies and provide the return postage.

I have ten virgin 5¼" floppies that need DEC's proprietary RX50 format before they will work in a DECmate II.
Unfortunately, the DECmate can't do this, but an IBM PC using the 22DISK program or a DEC Rainbow can.
Is there anybody in the UK that could do this for me? I'm looking to post the floppies and provide the return postage.
I'll have to be doing that myself soon if the DMII I grabbed recently works.

Some day I may have to do this too. Have not tried it yet. Have the PC, but the A (5.25) drive needs a good cleaning first.

Is there anybody in the UK that could do this for me? I'm looking to post the floppies and provide the return postage
I have a Rainbow and I am in Manchester, UK. I haven't switched the Rainbow on in a while, but it is something I could probably do for you.

Back