• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for the IIT Advanced Math CoProcessor Start-up Disk!

Krille

Veteran Member
I bought an IIT 2C87 on ebay (NIB) a while ago but the included floppy disk is of the 5.25" type and I don't have any drives that can read it. I don't want to buy a floppy drive just to read one disk so I'd be very grateful if anyone has this disk and would be willing to send the software (I've applied my best Google-fu skills but came up empty)!

An image of the floppy label:
P1010335.jpg

Thanks in advance!

I have the disk for an ITT 387SX that I could send you a copy of, but I don't know if its contents have any relevance to a 287.

Happy to image the disk for you, if you don't mind sending it to the UK.

vwestlife,

I think it's the same software (both FPU:s are identical on the inside, they just have different pinouts - at least according to this). Is your copy version 2.0 or higher? In any case, I'll take whatever I can get. Anything is better than nothing. :)

pearce_jj,

Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on that unless I find a simpler alternative (if vwestlife's version doesn't work etc).

Thanks to both of you!

I have a computer with a working 1.2mb 5.25" drive and I live in Texas if you need a USA option. I'd be happy to image the disc for you, convert it to 3.5" 1.44mb format and send it to you online.

That is... as long as the diskette is readable still, I've had bad luck in the past few months buying older NIB hardware and having the attached disks not read correctly.

But I'd be willing to try for you.

Last edited:
I've tried it now and the IIT software works just fine. Thanks again vwestlife!

However, I seem to have some kind of problem with the hardware, the FPU is detected and passes all diagnostic tests but when I run benchmarks the machine hangs (I can still reboot with ctrl-alt-del though). I've tried both the IIT software and CheckIt. It seems to be timing related as the hangs are always at random places during the benchmarks. The FPU is rated for 20 MHz and it's running (underclocked) with a 16 MHz CPU so I don't think it's overheating (it doesn't even get warm during benchmarks).

Any ideas what's going on?

Back