• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking to buy vintage ram

gerrydoire

Veteran Member
Looking to buy 27 chips of the following name brand and type:

AM9101DPC/P2101A-2 AMD 256X4 RAM

To be used in a IBM 5150 A Model,
the chips soldered to the motherboard
are this type, so it seems only
appropriate to fill the sockets
with the same.

Ideally would be nice to get 27 chips, but
will take whatever is available.

MSG ME!

Last edited:
Are you certain about your information? The 9101 is a 256 bit x 4 static SRAM. That is, two of them will get you 256 bytes of storage.

My A-series 5150 used an array of 2117/4116 type 16Kx1 DRAM.

Not likely that there's a pile of 2101 256x4 Static RAMs in your 5150. That would have been very low density for static RAM even then. The 2101 is a very old design, and most of the later use it saw was the refined low-power CMOS version with battery backup for NVRAM (apparently video games and pinball machines used it).

The ibm 5150 model a takes 4116 dram (16kbit x1). Pretty sure I've got 27 of them, but doubt that they're the same brand as your existing ones.

An AMD chip used in early versions of the 16KB-64KB 5150 motherboard is the AM9016DPC.

See [here]. The faster versions, AM9016E and AM9016F, can be used instead if you want to stick with AMD.

Back