• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

LQP8E - M8366 LQP01 (Diablo 630 Hytype II) Omnibus interface

ftcnet

Experienced Member
Typical LQP8 sys.PNG
I haven't seen it online anywhere, so I've uploaded a couple of scans for the DEC LQP8-E (M8366) Omnibus interface/controller for the LQP01 (Diablo 630 HyType II) daisy-wheel printer.

There's a Rev C version that includes the hex-size 'load board' info. Probably used during checkout of the M8366. I've never seen one at a customer site.
There's also a Rev F version (MP00573) that includes some info on the desk, 50-conductor parallel cable and filter connector.

Feel free to copy and replicate elsewhere. DEC scans (Google Drive)

The LQP8-78 Printer Systems Technical Manual (EK-OLQP8-TM-003) may also be of interest.

Last edited:
Thank you Bernard,
I have a LQP8-E (M8366) and a few printers to go with it, but until now I have not seen a manual.
Curious about the "M8366 Load Board" starting on page 14 of LQP8-M8366-RevC.pdf. What is that used for?
Thanks again.
Tom

Looks like a hex-high test assembly being used to "terminate" the LQP8-E cable in the absence of a real printer.

Looking at the copper foil all 6 tabs are connected ... to something, And the IC sockets are uncommitted. Hmm. Notice that the foil reads "CR TESTER I/O BOARD M6012 W280565". There's also a 50-11451B PN.

Perhaps this is a generic "load board" -- design use unknown -- whose prototyping area is being used for some LQP8-E cable turnaround signals after adding specialty wiring (notice that the BOM has hand-written additions for the added wiring components), and the "load area" is unpopulated? However the BOM table doesn't show RX1 thru RX44 as struck-out, although perhaps that was an oversight in updating the inventory.

Decades ago my wife used a WT78 and LQP01 to write both of her master's thesis. 40 years later I was able to read the diskettes on my 8/e and convert them to word documents. I have two LQP02 printers that I plan to connect to the 8/e and WT78.

Back