• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Luggables & Laptops

Brian Todd

Experienced Member
Hi guys,

I guess I have aquired a pretty varied collection of laptops over the years. My personal favourites are my Hewlett Packard 110 Portable and Hewlett Packard 110 Portable Plus (see pic below) for which I spent more money on replacing the batteries than on the units themselves 😂

HP Portable.jpg

Further pre millenium laptops I have:

Datavue Spark with NEC V20 CPU
Zenith SupersPort 8088
Compaq Contura 3/25
Compaq Armada 1750
Toshiba T1910CS
Toshiba Satellite 210CT
Toshiba Satellite Pro 4220XCDT

I have tried to use period software on all of my laptops and even have Windows 2.03 running on the SupersPort!

If you want a first-of-its kind, the Data General One might be a good addition. If you want uncommon, the Gavilan might be something to look out form.

Thanks Chuck, will keep an eye out for either of them ... although my wife will probably kill me if I drag more into the house haha

I've never actually used one, but I've always liked those laptops. I have used the hp "StinkJet" printer, and I hate them with a passion.

I must admit that I bought the Portable for just EUR15 and love tinkering with it. I then came accross the Portable Plus which came with the "Stinkjet", floppy drive, and 3 Il cables for EUR50 .... they had been in a leather bag in an attic for probably 30 years and had seen some moisture at some point. The seller did not have any power adaptors so could not test them. To my surprise the Plus booted right up, and the floppy drive also. The "Stinkjet" needed dismantling and cleaning, but then it worked also (more or less) even with a 30 year old cartridge :oops:

Back