• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mac Classic with checker board

andrear87

I already cleaned vr1 ic i have 12v vin vout 0.67.. i think its caps related.

Can be the cause of checkerboard?

Attachments

• IMG_20220221_161048.jpg
    IMG_20220221_161048.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220221_161707.jpg
    IMG_20220221_161707.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 11
Taht board is covered in leaked electrolyte. How is the battery area? Have you removed the old battery.

You need to wash that board extensively to remove the electrolyte residue which has leaked out of all the caps. Yes it will need a recap but first a washing. I recommend your home dishwasher if you have one.. add automatic dish detergent as it has anticorrosive properties and run the cycle (WITH NO HEAT DRY!!!!). Thoroughly dry before attempting to power on. Some people have gotten them to work for a day or so after this (just to test the board). Which may give you an idea if it functions.. But yeah at the end of the day if the board is salavageable it will need a recap. PM me if you need more info on any of what I mentioned.

And Welcome to our Forum!
You should update you avatar area to display where in the world you are located.

You need to recap the entire board before you go further. That IC you took a picture of also needs its legs resoldered with fresh solder to get rid of the corroded junk, along with any other similar damage you find.

Back