• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mac Color Classic repair

That's an LC 550 board then.

Should not make any difference. It may need a battery connected for it to work, however. Try that if you haven't already.

The board is labeled as 823-0367-c. I have found only one picture on the internet that is identical. By the way, these have a diode between pins 7 and 1 on U8 that i cannot see on other boards, and does not show on schematics. Any idea of which would be its purpose?

Adrian's Cellar on YouTube has a video on using an RGB2HDMI on an SE (I think) so perhaps some of this info could be adapted to bypass the analog board.

What is for the two pin male connector labeled "1" on the analog board? It is not connected to anything.

I have powered the logic board, separately, 5V with a psu connected to pins on the edge connector. it takes 730mA flat at 5V. Apparently there is activity (checked on some ROM pins) although most components run pretty cold.
Should I expect any real activity just powering the board like this? Does still need the keyboard present to start doing anything?

The board is labeled as 823-0367-c. I have found only one picture on the internet that is identical. By the way, these have a diode between pins 7 and 1 on U8 that i cannot see on other boards, and does not show on schematics. Any idea of which would be its purpose?
Funny I came across a mac color classic with this diode on u8 as well. Someone installed a pin header for a battery pack on the board.

Back