• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mac IIfx vs. Amiga 3000 vs. Atari Falcon/TT030

Did they ever produce a working PDS accelerator for the IIfx? (Link?) They sold what were essentially "clock-chipping" kits for getting the 68030 up into the low 50-ish mhz but I was under the impression that to do any better you were stuck with the Rocket.

Tokamac IIfx

Attachments

• DDG%2520TokaMac%2520IIfx%2520%25281992%2529%2528Nubus%2529.jpg
    DDG%2520TokaMac%2520IIfx%2520%25281992%2529%2528Nubus%2529.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1
It's just not the same unless it's a Bridgeboard. :p I ran Windows 98 on my A2000 with a '486 bridgeboard, but couldn't figure out why I bothered... :mad:

It's just not the same unless it's a Bridgeboard. :p I ran Windows 98 on my A2000 with a '486 bridgeboard, but couldn't figure out why I bothered... :mad:
I'm sure you weren't the only one considering a suitable win98 box was probably cheap as chips.

Last edited:
I'm sure you weren't the only one considering a suitable win98 box was probably cheap as chips.

But I didn't want win98 or especially a machine designed to run it!

Bridgeboards are a cheap way to get Ethernet (isa card) into an Amiga.

If you're lucky and can get it to work! I had a real hard time doing that and in the end it wasn't any faster than a serial connection.

Sounds like it was quite a traumatic experience. Trying to get x86 stuff running on such a cutting edge system and such.

Just been trying a software PC Emulator on my Acorn A4000. MDA/CGA/EGA support. Quite interesting. I'm going to make some boot disks up on my 286 with a few EGA games for the hell of it and see what works. Right tool for the right job and all that ;)

Last edited:
Sounds like it was quite a traumatic experience. Trying to get x86 stuff running on such a cutting edge system and such.
I think you misunderstand. It wasn't difficult, just pointless. x86 and Windows in general, no matter how it's done, is always a let-down.

Back