• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mac Plus & SE Boot Media

zombienerd

Veteran Member
I am hoping some loving soul would be willing to write a few boot disks for me. I need disks for the Mac Plus and Mac SE. Preferably two of each in case I bork a disk in a bad drive.

I'd be willing to pay a few bucks each + shipping.

Thanks!

as a stopgap, you can just use a 1.44mb disk with the hole covered. Or do you not have an older mac that can format 800k disks? Or do you have a zip disk?

as a stopgap, you can just use a 1.44mb disk with the hole covered. Or do you not have an older mac that can format 800k disks? Or do you have a zip disk?

I do not have any other working Macs, all 4 I have do not have media to boot. I do have a SCSI Zip Drive available, though. Can you boot a Mac from a Zip disk? If so, can I create that bootable zip disk from DOS, Linux, or Windows?

More information about my predicament here: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?60529-Valuable-Collectible-Early-Mac-s

I know for a fact the plus and se will boot from a zip drive. it has to be the pure drive, not the parallel/scsi one. My plus wont even look at that drive. Someone would need to format the zip disk with a special driver, and then image the disk and send it that way.

i can do it, but all my stuff is really jumbled at the moment. I can do it tomorrow maybe?

Back