• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mac SE - any value to anyone?

ezodeiko

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site, and found it because I have a Mac SE, and was wondering if anyone thought there is value to it. I posted it to Craigslist after seeing some people use them (as a PC, others as a fish tank...). Are they valuable? What should I ask? I just hate to see it go to a landfill, so that's why I'm trying to sell it and find it a home.
Thanks!~
Liz

I, myself, would love to give it a home but I'm packed as it is with old machines. And I have a couple of old apples pending locally that haven't even made it to the house yet. Keep trying!

Nathan

Last SE I auctioned, with Superdrive, some size or another hard drive and keyboard went for the astounding amount of 27 bucks US and cost twice that to ship to Texas.

Give you some idea?

It depends on what with it. If it has boxed software, boxes for the hardware, et c., you'll get more for it than just the box and keyboard.

I have a non-working SE, that just needs a video card to replace the faulty one that's there at the moment.

If you are willing to pull the card out (with the mounted components) and send to New Zealand in an anti-static bag I'll happily pay postage plus a bit for your trouble. Otherwise you are best to put it on ebay and see what you can get for it locally. However, SEs with no software, keyboard or accessories don't fetch much on the open market, as others have alluded to.

Tez

Wow, thanks everyone! yes, this is really helpful. I'm not up for taking the machine apart, so whomever purchases it, will get it as-is. Sorry, New Zealand!

Thanks again~

Back