• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Manual or info on Micronics Socket 5 MB55061379 Motherboard

TravisHuckins

Experienced Member
So my replacement motherboard arrived and of course it has no documentation and I don't know what I need to setup jumper wise... a Micronics Socket 5 MB55061379 Motherboard.

ANy help?

Removed all the ram and the speaker beeped! I must have the wrong type of ram or something...

So one of my ram sticks says 2m x32 when the info on the board is saying x36? I guess that's why it would not post with the ram in it?

Okay grabbed 2 8mb x36 sticks for now! But I'm gonna have my DOS PC back (with a bit less ram but I can add more later). I can't wait!

Last edited:
I was surprised to find an external battery connection on this board. It'll be so much better than my old Intel Plato board because of that... And this board has 5 instead of 4 ISA slots... So I have 2 ISA slots free if I ever want to add Roland MPU for MIDI output or other things. I had a brain fart and forgot that PCI cards screw in the opposite way that ISA cards do, so none of them are blocked.

Last edited:
The x36 ram got here and it still wouldn't post. Now the speaker beeps when there's no ram in it... what should I do?

Provide a picture of the RAM. Might be able to recognize one of those weird variations that only work with specialized hardware.

Common causes for working RAM failing would be dirty or broken SIMM sockets. Check those carefully. I know the documentation does not suggest it but some Micronics motherboards would work if RAM is placed in Bank 1 even if Bank 0 is left empty.

The ram looks new. And it's 2 8mb x36 ram which the documentation says to put them in bank 0 with the others empty. But I don't know if the ram is good and they cpus I was trying to use were bad or the CPU or the graphics card isn't working so nothing on scree, It could be a number of things. I'm getting fed up.

It was this ram: http://www.ebay.com/itm/16MB-2X8MB-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

12 chip SIMMs are tricky beasts. Some used partially failed chips and relied on circuitry to only access the working sections.

I will try to open up my Micronics Pentium 90 and see what memory is currently installed. It is an PCI-EISA combined bus but I think the memory requirements were the same as your board. I won't be able to do it this weekend though.

I can confirm that my graphics card (ATI Mach 64) does work when I tried it in a different system (my 32 bit Win 7 machine as it's a PCI card).

Last edited:
Opening my Micronics P90 proved less useful that I expected. It has 2 types of memory.

4 SIMMs of Hyundai HYM536100m-70NT 12 chips per simm for 1Mx36
2 SIMMs unlabeled manufacturer of 16 chips 4C4001JDJ which look like 2M x 32

Very different from how I remembered it.

Thanks for looking but I'm in the process of buying a working system for less than what it would to get my Gateway 2000 fixed. I'm putting this mess with behind me. This new system uses a CR2032 for CMOS data so I'm never going to have to worry about an RTC again.

Back