• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Massive Lot of Vintage Macs and other computers.

Apparently you need to be a member of those forums to see the listing, so yeah, I'm not going to sign up just to look at a sales lot.

The MacGui link will let you see the details (what it is, how it is being worked out, who to contact)

Now that's what I call a HORDE! The machine that would interest me the most is that humongous TRS-80 Model II, followed by the HP 85.

Tez

I got my claws into the eduquest. I don't think the PCjr is taken, but there is a lot there for someone to start a complete system

from the other thread:
The following items/numbers have been claimed: 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 20, 31, 32, both CD drives, Osborne, Compaq, ImageWriter sheet feeder, and Mac carry bag.

please, someone get that keypro, before I sell some blood to get it for myself.

I'm the one organizing this whole thing. I'm taking everyone's requests and money, then I'll distribute the machines. The seller of this lot wants a few hundred more than what we've raised so far, but I'm confident that we can make it.

Plenty of Apple Macintosh machines are still available.

Has anyone ventured a guess as to where this all came from? It looks like it used to be owned by a collector. The stuff is too disparate and too much to be just a former user/hoarder. Maybe one of us died recently? Anyone have any ideas?

I am about 70 miles away from Decatur. Do you know if there is any way the owner would allow me to take a look at these as well? I am most interested in the IBM stuff I seen in the pics.

I'm in on this gig. Tezza, I have my hand in on the Model II, but feel free to "outbid" me and save me from myself :)

No worries. I'm not in the running...just wishful thinking. The shipping to New Zealand for such a beast would be eyewatering!

Probably not unfortunately. The person who is planning it said the guy only wants to really deal with one person.

I'm the one organizing this whole thing. I'm taking everyone's requests and money, then I'll distribute the machines. The seller of this lot wants a few hundred more than what we've raised so far, but I'm confident that we can make it.

Plenty of Apple Macintosh machines are still available.
I've registered on the 68k site, but was wondering about the IBM PC stuff that's there and if it's spoke for?

I have first dibbs on the eduquest. If you were to make a better offer I won't stand in your way. I got a literal truckload of stuff the other day so i don't exactly have room now...

I've posted this to geekhack as I know some of the guys/gals there will LOVE to devour the keycaps on some of those old keyboards. :)

Please don't do that. Keyboard poachers often destroy old machines without a second thought.

Back