• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

may have found apple 1 computer

leifthoreson

Ok, I may have a line on a apple computer ( an apple not a 2,3 or any of that)
A friend said she found one in a closet and wanted to know if it was worth anything. She says its not a II or III ... she also found an II. She says this one just says apple.
So my question would be whats it worth? Is anyone interested?
Leif

Actually, not lately, the bubble has burst. The last one I watched was on eBay didn't sell at $12,000. Still, most wanted vintage computer is the Apple 1, should get good money. Post pics!

I always heard that Apple I's were sold as motherboards only and any cased ones you see are custom built. There is a famous picture floating around the internet of an Apple I in a wooden case with the name Apple engraved on the top with a woodburner. I also heard a rumor they have one hanging on the wall at Apple HQ with the words "Our Founder" written under it.

Fry's

Fry's

I just noticed the other day that the Apple I they had on display at the Sunnyvale Fry's is gone!?

animekenji said:
I always heard that Apple I's were sold as motherboards only and any cased ones you see are custom built. There is a famous picture floating around the internet of an Apple I in a wooden case with the name Apple engraved on the top with a woodburner. I also heard a rumor they have one hanging on the wall at Apple HQ with the words "Our Founder" written under it.

Motherboards only, yes, but I believe it was the Byte shop that sold 50 with cases they had built. The famous picture is of the Apple 1 that is in the smithsonian.

http://americanhistory.si.edu/exhibitions/exhibition.cfm?key=38&exkey=56

Vince

Back