• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

mbvlsi-166 manual search

tilover

Hi forum ,

old 286 mainboard marked mbvlsi-166

need the bios settings explained , connectors and jumpers on board.

anyone got the manual to that board ??

m_20230404_185640.jpgm_20230404_185737.jpg

I thought I did, but I actually have a manual for a similarly named MBVLSI-168 which has already been archived.

There is one on ebay, but it's way overpriced, in my opinion. But it has "make an offer" turned on, so maybe you could get it for a more reasonable price.

One thing to be aware of is that for SOME of these DTK manuals there was a separate BIOS manual, I'm not sure that is the case here. Actually, these might be BIOSTAR, not DTK.

jafir , thank for your answer !!

the price of such manual will exceed the value of the mainboard ......................

I will try if i can make it to boot .

Maxtherabbit ,

Thank you !! , very usefull info.

right now i can not boot this thing .

the floppy light does go on but i only get the message " insert bootable disk "

the problem is that i absolutely don't remember how to get this old xt booting .

So any help highly appreciated .

I have added a backup battery , so now the whole thing comes together ( well , a bit more ) .

i now need to find a bootable diskette for thos oldie .

Do you know a way to make a bootable dos diskette from a modern pc ( win 10 ) ??

as all my bootables are 5 1/4 , but i no longer have a diskdrive for that format .

And finally PROGRESS !!

Thanks to the jumper settings info , all is working right now .

finally got the problems with non-booting floppys sorted , and the address conflict with 2 hdd controllers arranged.

now the only question is ;

why does it always ask for the time and date at startup ??

backup battery is working !

DOS prompts you for the time and date at boot if you don't have an AUTOEXEC.BAT file, this happens regardless of whether your RTC is working or not

Back