• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

memo-2000xt memory expansion card

oblivion

Veteran Member
anyone have any info on the memo-2000xt memory expansion card. looks like its an 8-bit ISA card for mem expansion. problem is I cant find any info on it (like how to set the DIP switches). I stuck it in my PB500 8088 PC just to see if anything happened but no extra mem was detected (norton system info saw nothing anyways)

This messageboard is crazy sometimes. I got given that exact same model of card last week, mine came with 1Mb of RAM (4 banks of 41256) installed.
Mine came in a DTK 8088 system. I suspect it'll be a LIM EMS card, I wasn't able to find it in TH99 :(

You'll need a driver (as will I). I haven't tried any yet.

never used one of these things so wasnt aware it needed drivers. let me know if you manage to find any info/drivers and i'll do likewise

Hi,

I have that card too:

amy3bc.jpg

2va1qf9.jpg

I have read that it is Intel Above Board card clone, so i use intel driver:

ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/misc/Hardware/Intel/ABOVEBP8.ZIP

my CONFIG.SYS is:

DEVICE=C:\EMM.SYS PC 258

I hope it will help You

Sorry for my bad english,
Yeerry

What kind of MEM chips are those so I can possibly fill the thing. Yeerry thank you for that driver. I'll try it out tommarow. Any idea what the dip switch settings are?

My RAM chips:

samsung km4164b-15 (2 rows)
samsung km4164b-12 (3 rows)
motorolla mcm6665bp20 (1 row)
panasonic mn4164p-15a (2 rows)

my DIP SETTINGS:

1 off (down)
2 on (up)
3 off
4 on
5 on
6 off
7 on
8 off

I am writing to ask if the members who responded to this topic have learned anything from 2014 since this topic was posted. I, too, have acquired the memo 2000Xt card, which was populated with 2MB of NEC 41256-120 chips. The switch settings, the linked Oldskooler Zip file and config.sys setup that were posted by Yeery worked or not? Has anyone been able to find out any more regarding this memory card?

@alejack12001 I also have one of these cards (MEMO-2000XT) that has been working in an IBM 5160 for a while. I have all 8 banks populated with 41256s for a total of 2MB. The switch settings are:
1 - off
2 - on
3 - off
4 - on
5 - on
6 - on
7 - on
8 - on

I use it as 384K RAM to get a total of 640K on the XT plus some EMM memory and a virtual drive. Works fine.

I think it's a DFI card and I have the diskette files. Do you still need help or do you have the files/switch settings already.

Hi @david_erhart, I have this card as well, I got it to work with Intel AboveBorad driver 4.0e, but would love to get an original diskette. Do you think you can zip up the files and attach it in this thread? Thank you!

Hi @dhau, here is the zipped folder of the DFI RAMBANK MEMO-2000XT software. Let me know how it works. I have the original diskette and manual ... unfortunately they are packed and unavailable.

Attachments

• RAMBANK.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 11
Back