• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

MFM Hard drives, 2 full height & 2 half height

solarpv

Experienced Member
Full Height $60 each includes shipping and paypal.
ST-4038 - Type 20 - 30 meg
ST-4053 - Type 32 - 44 meg

2 Half Height ST-225 Type 2 - 20 meg. $60.00 for both includes shipping and paypal. All hard drives tested to power and spin only. Sold as is.
Mfmhd.JPG

I'm interested in an ST-225. I assume you don't have an MFM hard drive controller so you can't test them beyond a power test, but are you familiar enough with these drives to know what a "healthy" one sounds like?

No excessive bearing noise, no metallic scraping sounds when it spins or seeks, no loose parts rattling around inside?

Hi,
I just powered them again. I don't have an MFM computer to test these in. All things considered, sounds ok to me.
one 225 has a black external face on it (second one down in photo) and just spins.
The other one has no face, sounds like it tries to read and boot when started.
What I can do is refund your money if they don't work, minus shipping cost. All of these drives are heavy, shipping may be pricey. The price I have on them is mostly shipping if you are on the west coast.

I don't have an MFM computer to test these in.
Nice, so you can not even park the heads. Even if they are still good, they won't survive shipping if not parked.

Someone sent me two RA70s many years ago pack in foam that fit the drives like gloves. Best way to ship I think for a drive. As to parking if he can't he can't.

Back