• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mine: 100MHz Pentium on eBay

raifield

Experienced Member
I'm trying to sell my 100MHz Pentium system on eBay, if anyone is interested. I'll copy and paste the system specifications here:

The system contains the following hardware:
100MHz Pentium-S CPU
16MB of memory
2GB CompactFlash card as hard drive via an CompactFlash->IDE adapter plugged into the motherboard
1.44MB floppy drive
CDROM drive
Serial/Parallel card for a mouse (accepts either serial mouse or PS/2 via the included adapter)
PCI Etherlink network card
Soundblaster 16 SCSI-2 card with the ASP chip installed
S3 Virge/DX video card

Runs Daggerfall perfectly smooth, which surprised me. A 100MHz 486DX4 I had resulted in unplayable choppiness.

I have a (crappy) YouTube video of the system booting up at: http://youtu.be/S3JwdZXFjKY

What motherboard is included? Is it socket 5, or socket 7? How many ISA slots? How many PCI slots? There are no useful pictures of the hardware (no case pictures except the back of the slots, no motherboard picture, no power supply picture, etc.). You can post 'em here if you don't want to increase your ebay fees.

I had a bunch of other pictures and they all wound up somehow being corrupted. The system is already boxed up, but I'll take it out of the box and get some shots of the insides tonight.

I'll know tonight for sure, but I'm fairly certain it is a Socket 7 board with three PCI slots and four ISA.

Okay, so I had my numbers mixed up: It has three ISA slots and four PCI. No manufacturer name is silk-screened on to the board, but a quick Google of the dubiously-named 'VXPro' chips indicate that it may be an Amptron 8400 board. The stason.org page for the board does seem to be the one I'm selling. The chipset alias is listed at Hardware Secrets. It takes a Socket 7 CPU.

20140509_184044.jpg20140509_184104.jpg20140509_184115.jpg20140509_184409.jpg20140509_184752.jpg

Back