• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Misc Computer Clutter

kishy

Veteran Member
I'm trying to part ways with some stuff, some of which I'm just giving away, others I'd like a few bucks for. You pay shipping.

Local classifieds aren't getting me far so I'm wondering if anyone here is interested. Shipping is more than the stuff is worth in a lot of cases due to the rising cost of international shipping over the last 5-7 years that I've observed. e.g. it just cost $27 to send a CDROM drive to Florida via the cheapest service. It did include tracking and insurance, but still...

Freebies:
  • 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D ethernet PCMCIA PC Card. Have two. No dongles included, I don't have one that works with them. They otherwise are detected by Windows.
  • 3Com Megahertz 3CCE589ET ethernet PCMCIA PC Card. No dongle included, I don't have one that works with it. It's otherwise detected by Windows.
  • Speedstream 3060 internal PCI DSL modem w/CD. Bought this new in box many years ago and never used it.
  • Intel 2100 mini-PCI Wireless B card
  • IBM 4mbps token ring ISA card. Unable to test.
  • Diamond FireGL 1000 PCI video card. "Works" but I was never able to find drivers to make it "work properly" in 98SE.
  • Pair of 2 128MB PC-2700 desktop DDR-333
  • Sun PCi Chimera single board computer for x86 emulation in a SPARC workstation. Not able to test. No RAM. Pretty sure it's got a 600MHz Celeron.

Non-freebies (make an offer, the prices are just my starting points):
  • ASRock K7S41GX mb + 1GB DDR + AthlonXP 2500, includes IO shield and copy of driver CD I burned 10 years ago. Caps never replaced but none look like they need it and it still works fine. I've owned the board and CPU since new. $20?
  • Quantum 500MB IDE HDD, came from a Mac but is usable in PCs too. Last seen working over 7 years ago, it's lived in a box ever since. $10
  • Apple SCSI CDROM drive (600i). Includes plastic sled for mounting in certain older Macs, but not the special wedge connector. Last seen working over 7 years ago, no SCSI machines anymore to test with. $10
  • Mitsumi 2x tray-load proprietary-bus CDROM drive. Seen working in last year. $10
  • Network Analyzer (sniffer) card, ISA, Intel i960 processor. Unable to test but came to me installed in a working PC. $10 (mainly driven by the i960, but maybe someone wants the whole thing)
  • IBM RS/6000 video card. Working condition unknown but went straight from an RS/6000 to the box it's lived in for the last 7+ years. $10
  • IBM DBA ESDI 20MB HDD. Used in certain PS/2 computer models. Unable to test. $10. I want to open this and make a desk decoration but I also know the original drives are hard to come by, so if someone needs it, that would be terribly unfair.
  • 386/486 laptop AC adapter. Used on Ultinet, Nan Tan, and other brands of vintage laptop. 3 pin round plug. Output 20V 2.6A. Worked 10 years ago when I still had the laptop it went with. $10
  • 10x 40GB 7200RPM 3.5" IDE/PATA HDD: 3 Maxtor, 6 Samsung, 1 Seagate. $2/drive?

RAM:
Laptop SODIMMs:
2x Pair of 2 Hynix 512MB PC2-4200 DDR2-533 - $10 each pair, $15 for both pairs
Pair of 2 Hynix 256MB PC2-4200 DDR2-533 - $5
Single ProMOS 512MB PC2-5300 DDR2-667 - $5
Single Hynix 512MB PC2-5200 DDR2-667 - $5
Single PSC 512MB PC2-4200 DDR2-533 - $5
PC100/133 SDRAM SODIMMs, max 128MB, let me know what you need and I'll sort through it

Desktop DIMMs
Single Kingston 256MB PC-2700 DDR-333 - $2
Single Hynix 256MB PC2-4200 DDR2-533 - $2
Also have 512MB DDR, 32/64/128MB SDRAM.
Have some 72pin SIMMs but unsure of specs so it's tough to try to list them. I'm fairly confident I had sorted out "the good ones" (e.g. matching pairs of 16s and 32s) years ago and these were "the undesirables".

Attachments

• nantan_psu.jpg
    nantan_psu.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 2
  • sniffer and tokenring.jpg
    sniffer and tokenring.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 2
  • firegl and speedstream.jpg
    firegl and speedstream.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1
  • hdds.jpg
    hdds.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1
  • cdroms.jpg
    cdroms.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sold/gone:

• RS/6000 video card
  • FireGL
  • Intel Wireless B card

All other listed items still available.

In order to be Google-friendly, the 386 laptop AC adapter is a model "PSA-202".

Adding some new items:

Free (all PCI):
  • 2x C-Media sound card
  • 10/100 IC+ Ethernet NIC
  • AOpen Realtek Ethernet NIC
  • D-Link DFE-530TX Ethernet NIC
  • GVC Conexant dial up modem
  • Agere dial up modem

Asking prices given:
  • 16-bit ISA National Semiconductor Ethernet NIC, $5
  • PCI Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM VGA video card, $5
  • PCI D-Link DE-528 Ethernet NIC (TP+BNC), $5
  • PCI Network Peripherals Inc. FDDI fiber network card, $5

As for the 40GB HDDs listed in the OP, take em all for $5.

I'll e-waste some of the stuff in this thread eventually, but would like to at least give it a shot to get used somewhere else first. The best form of recycling is continuing to use something without having to break it down, in my eyes.

Attachments

• agere-56k.jpg
    agere-56k.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1
  • aopen-nic.jpg
    aopen-nic.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1
  • cmedia-sound.jpg
    cmedia-sound.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1
  • dlink-nic-tp.jpg
    dlink-nic-tp.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1
  • dlink-nic-tp-bnc.jpg
    dlink-nic-tp-bnc.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1
  • fddi.jpg
    fddi.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1
  • gvc-56k.jpg
    gvc-56k.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1
  • icplus-nic.jpg
    icplus-nic.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1
  • isanic.jpg
    isanic.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1
  • stealth64.jpg
    stealth64.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Updated list

Updated list

This reply is the new current list of what's available. Anything mentioned above which is not in this reply is gone. Some things have shuffled places in the list also:

Freebies (pay shipping):
  • Speedstream 3060 internal PCI DSL modem w/CD. Bought this new in box many years ago and never used it.
  • Sun PCi Chimera single board computer for x86 emulation in a SPARC workstation. Not able to test. Has 64MB PC100 SODIMM on it (this had wandered off of the board, and eventually found its way back on later). Pretty sure it's got a 600MHz Celeron.
  • PCI network sniffer card, from a Dolch network analyzer. This one's PCI and doesn't have any cool chips on it to turn into keychains. Network General P/N 1504502.
  • PCI Network Peripherals Inc. FDDI fiber network card
  • RAM as listed below
Laptop SODIMMs:
  • 2x Pair of 2 Hynix 512MB PC2-4200 DDR2-533
  • Pair of 2 Hynix 256MB PC2-4200 DDR2-533
  • Single ProMOS 512MB PC2-5300 DDR2-667
  • Single Hynix 512MB PC2-5200 DDR2-667
  • Single PSC 512MB PC2-4200 DDR2-533
  • PC100/133 SDRAM SODIMMs, max 128MB, let me know what you need and I'll sort through it
Desktop DIMMs:
  • Single Kingston 256MB PC-2700 DDR-333
  • Single Hynix 256MB PC2-4200 DDR2-533
  • Have some 512MB DDR, 32/64/128MB SDRAM. Not really inventoried in detail but I have enough I'd part with some.
  • Have some 72pin SIMMs but unsure of specs so it's tough to try to list them. I'm fairly confident I had sorted out "the good ones" (e.g. matching pairs of 16s and 32s) years ago and these were "the undesirables".

Non-freebies (make an offer):
  • Quantum 500MB IDE HDD, came from a Mac but is usable in PCs too. Last seen working over 7 years ago, it's lived in a box ever since. $5
  • Apple SCSI CDROM drive (600i). Includes plastic sled for mounting in certain older Macs. NEW: does include the special wedge connector because I found it. Last seen working over 7 years ago, no SCSI machines anymore to test with. $5
  • Mitsumi 2x tray-load proprietary-bus CDROM drive. Seen working in last year (or perhaps 2 years now). $5
  • ISA Network Analyzer (sniffer) card, Network General LM2000, Intel i960 processor, DB25 and DA15 female connectors. Unable to test but came to me installed in an otherwise working Dolch network analyzer. $10
  • IBM DBA ESDI 20MB HDD. Used in certain PS/2 computer models. Unable to test. $10. I want to open this and make a desk decoration but I also know the original drives are hard to come by, so if someone needs it, that would be terribly unfair.
  • 386/486 laptop AC adapter model "PSA-202". Used on Ultinet, Nan Tan, and other brands of vintage laptop. 3 pin round plug. Output 20V 2.6A. Worked 10 years ago when I still had the laptop it went with. $10
  • 16-bit ISA National Semiconductor Ethernet NIC, $5
  • PCI Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM VGA video card, $5
  • 2x (but different from each other) male card-edge to female 34-pin connector floppy drive adapters (e.g. use 5.25" cable with a 3.5" drive). Passive, no electronics, but one has a jumper to make/break pin 34 labeled as an A/B selector. The one with the jumper is marked FS160-00006-000-00 and with pin numbers, the one without the jumper is only marked with pin numbers. $3 each or both for $5

Last edited:
I wonder if it's possible to run that Sun PCI card in anything else, like a PowerMac, or even just on a dumb backplane? Looks like a PCI-X card from google images. Do you know if it's standard or did they do something proprietary?

The problem with swapping cards between architectures is that the firmware on the device is compiled for the architecture the card was originally designed for, in this case probably some variant of SPARC CPU won't work on x86 or PowerPC.

That sun PCI-X card most definitely isn't going to work on anything other than it was designed for, it has a PCI bridge with dual BIOS chips, one for the host and one for the board itself.

This is the same reason you can't drop a PC graphics card in a PowerPC mac without flashing the BIOS. Cards without BIOSes (like the Voodoo2 or random I/O boards) can work if there's driver support available.

It's a fully-featured SBC...so I guess the question really is, as GiG points out, firmware-level stuff. How does this board expect to talk to its host machine?
Presumably a SBC that lives inside another machine instead of a normal backplane is a little more complicated.
I would bet the chances of using it independently as a SBC in a backplane are pretty slim, but if you're willing to gamble the shipping and try it, I'd be curious to know the outcome.

I keep forgetting to add more pics.

sun pci ii.jpg floppyadapter.jpg pci-sniffer.jpg

^^ Assuming you could solder on that IDE header in the upper right and boot it from that like a normal PC, I'm still convinced you could make it work. But it might involve taping over all the non-power pins on the PCI connector and having two discrete PCs in the same box that only talk to each other via the network port. :p

Anyway I decided to let it go to the other interested party, I have too many projects as it is. Pretty neat piece of gear though.

Updated list

Updated list

Updated current list, as a handful of items have been claimed today:

Freebies (pay shipping):
  • Sun PCi Chimera single board computer for x86 emulation in a SPARC workstation. Not able to test. Has 64MB PC100 SODIMM on it (this had wandered off of the board, and eventually found its way back on later). Pretty sure it's got a 600MHz Celeron. (pending transaction on this item but not confirmed yet)
Non-freebies (make an offer):
  • Quantum 500MB IDE HDD, came from a Mac but is usable in PCs too. Last seen working over 7 years ago, it's lived in a box ever since. $5
  • Apple SCSI CDROM drive (600i). Includes plastic sled for mounting in certain older Macs. NEW: does include the special wedge connector because I found it. Last seen working over 7 years ago, no SCSI machines anymore to test with. $5
  • Mitsumi 2x tray-load proprietary-bus CDROM drive. Seen working in last year (or perhaps 2 years now). $5
  • ISA Network Analyzer (sniffer) card, Network General LM2000, Intel i960 processor, DB25 and DA15 female connectors. Unable to test but came to me installed in an otherwise working Dolch network analyzer. $10
  • 386/486 laptop AC adapter model "PSA-202". Used on Ultinet, Nan Tan, and other brands of vintage laptop. 3 pin round plug. Output 20V 2.6A. Worked 10 years ago when I still had the laptop it went with. $10
  • 2x (but different from each other) male card-edge to female 34-pin connector floppy drive adapters (e.g. use 5.25" cable with a 3.5" drive). Passive, no electronics, but one has a jumper to make/break pin 34 labeled as an A/B selector. The one with the jumper is marked FS160-00006-000-00 and with pin numbers, the one without the jumper is only marked with pin numbers. $3 each or both for $5

I'm trying to part ways with some stuff, some of which I'm just giving away, others I'd like a few bucks for. You pay shipping.

Local classifieds aren't getting me far so I'm wondering if anyone here is interested. Shipping is more than the stuff is worth in a lot of cases due to the rising cost of international shipping over the last 5-7 years that I've observed. e.g. it just cost $27 to send a CDROM drive to Florida via the cheapest service. It did include tracking and insurance, but still...

Freebies:
  • 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D ethernet PCMCIA PC Card. Have two. No dongles included, I don't have one that works with them. They otherwise are detected by Windows.
  • 3Com Megahertz 3CCE589ET ethernet PCMCIA PC Card. No dongle included, I don't have one that works with it. It's otherwise detected by Windows.
  • Intel 2100 mini-PCI Wireless B card
  • Diamond FireGL 1000 PCI video card. "Works" but I was never able to find drivers to make it "work properly" in 98SE.
  • Sun PCi Chimera single board computer for x86 emulation in a SPARC workstation. Not able to test. No RAM. Pretty sure it's got a 600MHz Celeron.

Non-freebies (make an offer, the prices are just my starting points):
  • ASRock K7S41GX mb + 1GB DDR + AthlonXP 2500, includes IO shield and copy of driver CD I burned 10 years ago. Caps never replaced but none look like they need it and it still works fine. I've owned the board and CPU since new. $20?
  • Quantum 500MB IDE HDD, came from a Mac but is usable in PCs too. Last seen working over 7 years ago, it's lived in a box ever since. $10
  • Apple SCSI CDROM drive (600i). Includes plastic sled for mounting in certain older Macs, but not the special wedge connector. Last seen working over 7 years ago, no SCSI machines anymore to test with. $10
  • Mitsumi 2x tray-load proprietary-bus CDROM drive. Seen working in last year. $10
  • Network Analyzer (sniffer) card, ISA, Intel i960 processor. Unable to test but came to me installed in a working PC. $10 (mainly driven by the i960, but maybe someone wants the whole thing)
  • IBM RS/6000 video card. Working condition unknown but went straight from an RS/6000 to the box it's lived in for the last 7+ years. $10
  • 386/486 laptop AC adapter. Used on Ultinet, Nan Tan, and other brands of vintage laptop. 3 pin round plug. Output 20V 2.6A. Worked 10 years ago when I still had the laptop it went with. $10
  • 10x 40GB 7200RPM 3.5" IDE/PATA HDD: 3 Maxtor, 6 Samsung, 1 Seagate. $2/drive?

RAM:
Laptop SODIMMs:
2x Pair of 2 Hynix 512MB PC2-4200 DDR2-533 - $10 each pair, $15 for both pairs
Pair of 2 Hynix 256MB PC2-4200 DDR2-533 - $5
Single ProMOS 512MB PC2-5300 DDR2-667 - $5
Single Hynix 512MB PC2-5200 DDR2-667 - $5
Single PSC 512MB PC2-4200 DDR2-533 - $5
PC100/133 SDRAM SODIMMs, max 128MB, let me know what you need and I'll sort through it

Desktop DIMMs
Single Kingston 256MB PC-2700 DDR-333 - $2
Single Hynix 256MB PC2-4200 DDR2-533 - $2
Also have 512MB DDR, 32/64/128MB SDRAM.
Have some 72pin SIMMs but unsure of specs so it's tough to try to list them. I'm fairly confident I had sorted out "the good ones" (e.g. matching pairs of 16s and 32s) years ago and these were "the undesirables".

Would this be the driver you've been looking for:

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=548

Would this be the driver you've been looking for:

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=548

Maybe, maybe not. That card has been gone for months, much has happened in this thread since that.
It looks like it only has an NT4 driver for the FireGL which I never had issues finding...the issue was a Win98 driver, and the NT4 one would not do for that purpose.
I no longer have the PMs from the fellow I sent that item to, but perhaps he will see this in case he had issues finding that.

Back