• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mitsumi CD External Interface ISA Card

jmetal88

Veteran Member
I picked up what I *thought* was a parallel port CD-ROM drive at a thrift store yesterday, but after locating the drivers I realized it is actually a Mitsumi interface drive that just happens to use a 25-pin D-SUB connector to connect externally to the computer. The drive is branded as a BSR 6800MX and it requires an ISA card (I think it's 8-bit) with the Mitsumi interface on a 25-pin female D-SUB connector in order to function. I was wondering if anyone here happened to have that ISA card, as that would really be the neatest solution for using that drive. Other options I'm considering are sound cards (actually already have one that might work, but would be nice to have a second so I don't have to lock it to one PC) or multifunction cards with an internal Mitsumi interface and wiring it up to a 25-pin D-SUB, although I'd really prefer having a card without any audio facilities on it since this drive was meant to be hooked up externally for audio anyway. I'll be away most of the day today, but I'll try to get back to any replies later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks!

I've got an Acer Magic S20 16Bit ISA Sound Card that has 4 different CD-ROM interfaces on it, Mitsumi, Sony, Panasonic, and IDE.

View attachment 55727

Heh, that's the same chipset as the sound card I already have. I'm not sure if I want it yet... I'll hold out a few more days and see if the actual card pops up anywhere. I'll send you a message if I decide I want it later.

Heh, that's the same chipset as the sound card I already have. I'm not sure if I want it yet... I'll hold out a few more days and see if the actual card pops up anywhere. I'll send you a message if I decide I want it later.

Oh you might be in luck I forgot, I have one of these too, but I don't know if the Audio Connections are the same as you are looking for.

Golden SoundCard.jpg

Attachments

• Golden SoundCard.jpg
    Golden SoundCard.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
Back