• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mobilis Linux computer?

NathanAllan

Veteran Member
Whatever became of this proposed machine? I was ready to get one but I never saw or heard anything from it but the proposal of it.

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS8377345968.html

There is it, old news now and there's nothing about it being for sale and the company hasn't returned my emails. Is there anyone here around the mide-east that can shed some light n the subject? All my searching has turned up old articles but nothing about sales and places to buy one.

I've heard one or two rumors about it, but nothing anyone can prove. The only thing I can think of is maybe they lost funding? Didn't have the money to manufacture it. Or it could have just been a failed R&D project. Who knows? Isin't is just really a tablet PC with linux?

-V

That's all it was supposed to be, with everything on chips and no moving parts. It was a machine with obsolescence built-in, so therefore it would never go obsolete (if you can follow that logic; I can). It was just disappointing, is all, to see a pretty innovative idea disappear like that. Ah well.

I hope I'm wrong and it shows up somewhere. I wish there was a contact here from India!

Back