• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Model 200 disk drives

KG7PFS

Experienced Member
I GOT ONE I GOT ONE I GOT ONE I GOT ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping3:

Oh. Excuse me. I'm a little exited. I've wanted a Tandy 200 for years and I finally got one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-TA...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It comes with a Portable Disk Drive, probably the original 100k version. I've read the PDD2 manual, and apparently these drives can't be used with the Disk Video Interface, and some Model 200 software is not DVI compatible.

Is it possible to have the PDD DOS in one bank and the DVI DOS in another? Is it possible to use both a PDD and a DVI at all?

I was also wondering about Model 200 bank switching. Is it possible to have a different document in each bank and task switch?

Finally, has anyone here used the REX 200?

Congrats and that appears to be a fair (currently) price for those items. I love the briefcase.
I second the Model T mailing list.
Be sure to establish whether or not the PDD has had its belt replaced, before using it.

I assume, based on your answer, that a replaced belt will somehow look different than an unreplaced belt. Any idea how? Of course if it has fallen off, I'll assume it needs to be replaced, but if not, what do I look for?

I assume, based on your answer, that a replaced belt will somehow look different than an unreplaced belt. Any idea how? Of course if it has fallen off, I'll assume it needs to be replaced, but if not, what do I look for?
It's usually obvious, but it shouldn't stretch too much (OK, how much is too much ;-) ) or be mushy; if you turn the flywheel does the motor turn, that sort of thing.

Back