• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

"Modern" Commodore website is down

NathanAllan

Veteran Member
I was going through some old email and noticed that www.commodoregaming.com is for sale as a domain. Does anybody know what happened to the company? I know it's nothign like the Commodore we all are familiar with, just a name brand.

Also, it would sure be nice to get some of the leftover stock of parts that looked like the original breadbox cases.

Yes they were. I'd like to see the parts float up from somewhere, though. I could stand to put an ATX form factor say, PII in a C= styled case.

Commodore Gaming - weren't they the ones back at the end of the P4/Pentium-D era selling ATX cases with C-Kins? - their proprietary case skins?

If so, there's a guy in Europe that sells them on Amibay occasionally. He seemed to have bought a LOT of their stock when they folded (which was quite awhile ago) - he's been selling them on AmiBay for years (iirc, JohnHare was the username)

But you mention the modern C64 Breadbins with ATX cases. That was Commodore USA, and it too is now in limbo since its founder, Barry S. Altman, passed away last December.

I had meant to ask also as I wasn't familiar with the name other than the commodore USA folks who did exactly that, a microatx board in a c64 looking case and I think purchased the rights to the name Commodore in the US so they could use the logo and name. I believe they intended to release a Commodore emulator with their systems which ran some flavor of linux.

Back