• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

More Smilies!

ziloo

Veteran Member
How can we get more experssive smilies for our posts? Some of our VC folks
use their own smilies and they can provide some help!

Thank you

I suppose I could go look for some.

If you find any you like (or better yet, complete sets) send them my way and I'll do what I can.

Case Closed!

Case Closed!

There are some variety of smilies that are "computer related", and there are
some that are just very funny by themselves. Of all the smilies that are "default"
on our forum format, only a few of them are being used in our posts. As I have seen
very nice and funny smilies on other forums, I was asking our VC comrades to show me
how I can get such smilies in my posts. And because Erik has always been very
considertae and supportive, he offered to add new smilies to the forum format.......

I appreciate if our VC folks consider this case closed and thread locked :biggrin:!

ziloo

If you use Firefox,
bowtothefox7mw.gif
then install Smileys Xtra!
smxtra1ag.gif

thumbsup8de.gif

Cheers,

80sFreak

ffwins8dv.gif

I know a set of vintage video game icons, and a few home computer icons that go in the same theme. Not the same as smilies, and mainly useful when posting in a signature which systems you're collecting. This forum is not really targetted towards video games so those icons would be pointless to install.

When you go into the advanced editor and pull up the smilies box you'll see that I just added a whole ton more. Some are dups, but so be it.

Don't get too carried away!

:knight: :tank: :spiderman: :danceparty: :hammers: :hide: :happy8: :drive: :rockband: :jumping3: :rockon: :grab: :harp: :splat: :shower: :boom:

It is quite a challenge to find situations where most of those extra smilies are meaningful to add to your message. Fun animations yes, but not much of general emotions.

Although I suppose this one will be quite useful: :OT:

Back