• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Motorola Car Computer (Mobile Data Terminal 9100)

Clearly, you need to purchase a vintage Crown Vic for your computer... :)

I was thinking a mid-80's Plymouth Grand Fury would be a great host. A former co-worker bought his at a police auction and thought it was the best built car he ever owned.

Welp.
Seller said he had two more and I cut a deal to pay for and have them shipped. I *specifically* sent a message with the (paypal) payment to pack them a lot better than the first unit.

Nope. Total loss.

qJFDNOZ.jpg

8GxOJtO.jpg

jbvccyQ.jpg

Shattered plastics (they look okay in the pic above but almost every corner is caved in), keystems snapped off and it looks to be both CRT's are necked. Don't mind the dirt as that was already agreed that they would not be mint but christ, I paid $160 in shipping and EXPECTED it to be packed better than this. I need a drink before I wander off to file a claim.

This is sickening to see.

I have an HP2644 terminal and I got this 30 pound object in a box 20% too big with one (1) layer of SMALL bubble wrap mostly around it. The thing actually worked but it looked like it took a ride in a washing machine.

I obsessed over this and managed to fix it with auto body shop products to the point where I even duplicated the beige spatter paint.

Back