• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Motorola EXORciser boards & 6800 / 6809 Development Tools, Wintek, Votrax, etc.

vincente

You know you need this!

I have a very complete collection of almost every EXORbus board that a vintage computer aficionado would want to do state-of-the-art 1980s development.
This is the last remaining inventory of Binary System's original tools and products.

I have every board that was in our original Motorola EXORciser 6800 and 6809 development system. For the younger generation, that is the same computer on which the video games Defender and Joust were created. Although the original EXORciser chassis is long gone, I have a complete EXORbus card cage, backplane, and a few power supplies to complete your dream machine. Most of the boards have original documentation -- there are even two Motorola MDOS FORTRAN User Guides

Included are some Wintek 6809 single board computers, card cages, and complete documentation.

There are at least 2 boxes of boards.

Development software includes Wintek's 6809 cross-assembler, C cross-compiler, and linking loader. Yes, this creates true relocatable object code in the form of relocatable S-Records. Complete documentation is included.

But wait, there's more. I have an Applied Microsystems 6809 in-circuit emulator/debugger and complete documentation.

Act now and receive 6 Votrax phoneme-based Voice Synthesis boards and complete documentation at no extra cost.

I am in Richardson, TX - DFW Area. I would like to see this go to someone with a museum/vintage collection who is trying to complete their Motorola EXORciser collection, or a serious 8-bit hacker. I wouldn't mind getting a few bucks for this, it is very complete.

Please contact me via email, etc... I love to talk with fellow hackers.

-Vincente

Dang wish I had the money and was close to Tx. Yes I love my 6809 and worked with the Applied Microsystem 6809 emulator for our (Micro-comm, not the modem company) back in the early 80's. I just remember how easy the 6809 debugger was to use. I have a few EXORciser boards (non-Moto but 6809).
I hope whomever buys these puts them to good use. I'd love to see it in the VCF museum but that might take up a lot of space to show what a typical lab bench looked like with the hand drawn schematic on the wall (3x6 ft), fan fold assembly listing, markers, tab (to build tabs for the fan fold), a terminal to a non-IBM clone computer (ours was OS9 LII), the 6809 emulator, scope, probes, multimeters and device under test. Those were fantastic times to be learning about computers.
:)

vincente, I know this is an old thread but i am interested in the em189. I am retired and work on old arcade game boards. I have every applied microsystems​

emulator EXCEPT the 6809 one. I even designed a replacement keyboard for the series as you cannot get the replacement key switches. anyway if you still have it. thanks

vincente, I know this is an old thread but i am interested in the em189. I am retired and work on old arcade game boards. I have every applied microsystems​

emulator EXCEPT the 6809 one. I even designed a replacement keyboard for the series as you cannot get the replacement key switches. anyway if you still have it. thanks
Hi @Wulfman,
Welcome to the forums.
I’m the lucky Motorola enthusiast who acquired the exorciser, wintek, and related vintage equipment from Vincente awhile back. I still have the em189 and associated binder of manuals. The exorciser and wintek systems are a blast to use, I’m developing on them daily and a few bits were part of my exhibit at last years VCFwest event. I’ll send you a direct message. You should be able to reply even as new user with <10 posts. Sounds like you are having fun restoring your arcade boards. What games are you currently working on? Any favorites or particular challenges?

Cheers,
Stan

Hi,

This looks like a pretty old posting ... I'm sure everything is gone by now.

Back